Madeleine Roux's New York Times bestselling Asylum is a thrilling and creepy photo-illustrated novel that Publishers Weekly called "a strong YA debut that reveals the enduring impact of buried trauma on a place." Featuring found photographs from real asylums and filled with chilling mystery and page-turning suspense, Asylum is a horror story that treads the line between genius and insanity, perfect for fans of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
For sixteen-year-old Dan Crawford, the New Hampshire College Prep program is the chance of a lifetime. Except that when Dan arrives, he finds that the usual summer housing has been closed, forcing students to stay in the crumbling Brookline Dorm—formerly a psychiatric hospital. As Dan and his new friends Abby and Jordan start exploring Brookline's twisty halls and hidden basement, they uncover disturbing secrets about what really went on here . . . secrets that link Dan and his friends to the asylum's dark past. Because Brookline was no ordinary mental hospital, and there are some secrets that refuse to stay buried.
MY TOP 5 ASYLUMS By Madeleine Roux
While writing ASYLUM, I turned to some of the following hospitals and institutions for...
- How To Do Good After Prison: A Handbook For Successful Reentry (w/ Employment Information Handbook)
- Computer Vision For X-Ray Testing: Imaging, Systems, Image Databases, And Algorithms
- Baked Doughnuts For Everyone: From Sweet To Savory To Everything In Between, 101 Delicious Recipes, All Gluten-Free
- Severed Souls: A Richard And Kahlan Novel
- When I Grow Up (Emma Dodd's Love You Books)
- The Italian Vegetable Cookbook: 200 Favorite Recipes For Antipasti, Soups, Pasta, Main Dishes, And Desserts
- La Viejecita Que No Le Tenia Miedo A Nada (The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything, Spanish Edition)
- Math Connects, Grade 1, Homework Practice Workbook (ELEMENTARY MATH CONNECTS)
- Early English Printed Books In The University Library, Cambridge: 1475 To 1640 (Cambridge Library Collection - History Of Printing, Publishing And Libraries)
- A Code Of Jewish Ethics: Volume 1: You Shall Be Holy
- Cloud Security And Privacy: An Enterprise Perspective On Risks And Compliance (Theory In Practice)
- Dark Days: A Memoir
- Ralph Koltai: Designer For The Stage
- Mastering Patient Flow
- Mitch Dobrowner: Storms
- Cromwell: The Lord Protector
- Detained In The Desert & Other Plays By Josefina López
- Telling Time Stick Kids Workbook, Grade K (Stick Kids Workbooks)
- Laduree: The Savory Recipes
- Northeast Ferns: A Field Guide To The Ferns And Fern Relatives Of The Northeastern United States