Madeleine Roux's New York Times bestselling Asylum is a thrilling and creepy photo-illustrated novel that Publishers Weekly called "a strong YA debut that reveals the enduring impact of buried trauma on a place." Featuring found photographs from real asylums and filled with chilling mystery and page-turning suspense, Asylum is a horror story that treads the line between genius and insanity, perfect for fans of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
For sixteen-year-old Dan Crawford, the New Hampshire College Prep program is the chance of a lifetime. Except that when Dan arrives, he finds that the usual summer housing has been closed, forcing students to stay in the crumbling Brookline Dorm—formerly a psychiatric hospital. As Dan and his new friends Abby and Jordan start exploring Brookline's twisty halls and hidden basement, they uncover disturbing secrets about what really went on here . . . secrets that link Dan and his friends to the asylum's dark past. Because Brookline was no ordinary mental hospital, and there are some secrets that refuse to stay buried.
MY TOP 5 ASYLUMS By Madeleine Roux
While writing ASYLUM, I turned to some of the following hospitals and institutions for...
- Masterpieces Of Ballet Design
- MICHELIN Guide Paris Et Ses Environs 2017: Restaurants (Michelin Red Guide Paris & Ses Environs Restaurants (French)) (French Edition)
- Sarah: The Life Of Sarah Bernhardt (Jewish Lives)
- Music Therapy: Another Path To Learning And Communication For Children In The Autism Spectrum
- The Keeper Of Lost Things: A Novel
- Algorithmics: The Spirit Of Computing
- Police Officer Exam New York City
- Organizational Behavior And Management In Law Enforcement (3rd Edition)
- Foundations Of Educational Technology: Integrative Approaches And Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Interdisciplinary Approaches To Educational Technology)
- Lord Siva's Song: The Isvara Gita
- Mathematical Methods For Foreign Exchange: A Financial Engineer's Approach
- 3-Note Exercise Book: Recorders In F (Sopranino & Alto) Baroque (The Big Print Recorder Method)
- Franz Waxman's Rebecca: A Film Score Guide (Film Score Guides)
- Teaching Sex: The Shaping Of Adolescence In The 20th Century
- The Red Queen: A Novel (The Plantagenet And Tudor Novels)
- Dancing In The Darkness
- Mastering Income Tax (Carolina Academic Press Mastering Series)
- Boy Bands
- Where To Prospect For Gold In Alaska Without Getting Shot!
- Indian Children's Favorite Stories