Madeleine Roux's New York Times bestselling Asylum is a thrilling and creepy photo-illustrated novel that Publishers Weekly called "a strong YA debut that reveals the enduring impact of buried trauma on a place." Featuring found photographs from real asylums and filled with chilling mystery and page-turning suspense, Asylum is a horror story that treads the line between genius and insanity, perfect for fans of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
For sixteen-year-old Dan Crawford, the New Hampshire College Prep program is the chance of a lifetime. Except that when Dan arrives, he finds that the usual summer housing has been closed, forcing students to stay in the crumbling Brookline Dorm—formerly a psychiatric hospital. As Dan and his new friends Abby and Jordan start exploring Brookline's twisty halls and hidden basement, they uncover disturbing secrets about what really went on here . . . secrets that link Dan and his friends to the asylum's dark past. Because Brookline was no ordinary mental hospital, and there are some secrets that refuse to stay buried.
MY TOP 5 ASYLUMS By Madeleine Roux
While writing ASYLUM, I turned to some of the following hospitals and institutions for...
- LWW's Medical Assisting Exam Review For CMA, RMA & CMAS Certification (Medical Assisting Exam Review For CMA And RMA Certification)
- Japanese Schooling: Patterns Of Socialization, Equality, And Political Control
- Jason Vale's 5:2 Juice Diet
- O'Connor, Sinead: I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got
- The Counseling Dictionary: Concise Definitions Of Frequently Used Terms (3rd Edition)
- Matemáticas Para Todos (y Códigos Ultrasecretos) (Spanish Edition)
- Rocky Mountain Fruit & Vegetable Gardening: Plant, Grow, And Harvest The Best Edibles - Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah & Wyoming (Fruit & Vegetable Gardening Guides)
- The Culture Of Empowerment: How To Champion People
- Fern Hunting Among These Picturesque Mountains: Frederic Edwin Church In Jamaica (The Olana Collection)
- Study Guide For Essentials Of Nursing Research
- Jack Kirby's O.M.A.C.: One Man Army Corps
- Origami Chic: A Guide To Foldable Fashion
- Underwater Robots (Springer Tracts In Advanced Robotics)
- The Fans Have Their Say #3 Black Sabbath: The Lords Of Darkness (Volume 3)
- Swearing Coloring Book For Adults: Naughty Profanity And Rude Words: Perfect Gifts For Friends: Creative Cursing Sweary Color Pages For Dirty Grown Ups Relaxation
- Vision In Motion (ID Book : Institute Of Design)
- National Geographic Family Reference Atlas Of The World, Second Edition
- Physics Mastery For Advanced High School Students: Complete Physics Review With 400 SAT And AP Physics Questions
- When The Wanderers Come Home (African Poetry Book)
- Malala Yousafzai: Warrior With Words