Dennis Lehane returns to the streets of Mystic River with this love story wrapped in a crime story wrapped in a journey of faith—the basis for the major motion picture The Drop, from Fox Searchlight Pictures directed by Michaël Roskam, screenplay by Dennis Lehane, and starring Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, and James Gandolfini.
Three days after Christmas, a lonely bartender looking for a reason to live rescues an abused puppy from a trash can and meets a damaged woman looking for something to believe in. As their relationship grows, they cross paths with the Chechen mafia; a man grown dangerous with age and thwarted hopes; two hapless stick-up artists; a very curious cop; and the original owner of the puppy, who wants his dog back. . . .
David Nicholls Interviews Dennis Lehane
David Nicholls, is the international bestselling author of One Day and the forthcoming Us: A Novel.
David: Some of your past books have been adapted into major movies— Mystic River; Gone, Baby, Gone; and Shutter Island. How did the process for The Drop, the book and the film—evolve?
Dennis: 10+ years ago, I attempted a novel in...
- Easy French Phrase Book NEW EDITION: Over 700 Phrases For Everyday Use (Dover Language Guides French)
- The Art Of Tangled
- Notes From The Cracked Ceiling: What It Will Take For A Woman To Win
- Postmodernism: Style And Subversion, 1970-1990
- Art And Science In America: Issues Of Representation
- Sociology Matters (B&B Sociology)
- Terrorist Assemblages: Homonationalism In Queer Times (Next Wave: New Directions In Women's Studies)
- The World According To Wavelets: The Story Of A Mathematical Technique In The Making, Second Edition
- Matters Of Life And Death: A Jewish Approach To Modern Medical Ethics
- Introduction To Modern Optics (Dover Books On Physics)
- Edible & Medicinal Plants Of The Rockies
- South Asia Bible Commentary: A One-Volume Commentary On The Whole Bible
- Where The Time Goes
- Nonviolence In Theory And Practice
- Rosalind Franklin: The Dark Lady Of DNA
- Haunted Massachusetts
- Inner Talk For A Love That Works (Fear-Less Series)
- Gymnastic And Folk Dancing Volume IV Group Dances
- Practicing Radical Honesty: How To Complete The Past, Live In The Present, And Build A Future With A Little Help From Your Friends