Dennis Lehane returns to the streets of Mystic River with this love story wrapped in a crime story wrapped in a journey of faith—the basis for the major motion picture The Drop, from Fox Searchlight Pictures directed by Michaël Roskam, screenplay by Dennis Lehane, and starring Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace, and James Gandolfini.
Three days after Christmas, a lonely bartender looking for a reason to live rescues an abused puppy from a trash can and meets a damaged woman looking for something to believe in. As their relationship grows, they cross paths with the Chechen mafia; a man grown dangerous with age and thwarted hopes; two hapless stick-up artists; a very curious cop; and the original owner of the puppy, who wants his dog back. . . .
David Nicholls Interviews Dennis Lehane
David Nicholls, is the international bestselling author of One Day and the forthcoming Us: A Novel.
David: Some of your past books have been adapted into major movies— Mystic River; Gone, Baby, Gone; and Shutter Island. How did the process for The Drop, the book and the film—evolve?
Dennis: 10+ years ago, I attempted a novel in...
- Mandalas Complejos: Libro De Colorear Para Adultos (Libros Para Colorear Para Adultos: Antiestrés, Relajación Y Meditación) (Spanish Edition)
- Street Art Chile By Palmer Rod (2008) Paperback
- The American Japanese
- Property Law: Rules Policies And Practices [Connected Casebook] (Aspen Casebook)
- The Gypsies
- RoboCup 2015: Robot World Cup XIX (Lecture Notes In Computer Science)
- Rolling With The Stones
- Electrónica: Conceptos Básicos Y Diseño De Circuitos (Spanish Edition)
- If I Ever Get Back To Georgia, I'm Gonna Nail My Feet To The Ground (Hardcover)
- The Swans Of Fifth Avenue: A Novel
- Project Management For Libraries: A Practical Approach
- Study Guide And Selected Solutions Manual For General, Organic, And Biological Chemistry: Structures Of Life
- Monsters Under Bridges: Pacific Northwest Edition
- Organic Chemistry (William H. Brown And Lawrence S. Brown)
- High-Yield Biostatistics, Epidemiology, And Public Health (High-Yield Series)
- The Medici: Citizens And Masters (Villa I Tatti Series)
- El Pequeño Teatro De Rebecca / The Small Theater Of Rebecca (Spanish Edition)
- American Politics Today (Fifth Edition)
- Chief Engineer: Washington Roebling, The Man Who Built The Brooklyn Bridge