Coaching High School Basketball : A Complete Guide To Building A Championship Team
Coaching High School Basketball : A Complete Guide to Building a Championship Team
From a 40-year veteran, the only book available devoted to coaching high school basketball
In Coaching High School Basketball, Hall of Famer Bill Kuchar presents an indispensable instruction manual for experienced and rookie coaches alike. A combination of classic tactics and new, cutting-edge strategies, this one-of-a-kind handbook provides easyto- read diagrams and instructions, plus dozens of practice drills to reinforce fundamentals and teach innovative moves. Readers will learn how to:
- Master Kuchar's "double motion offense"
- Locate, protect, and infiltrate zones
- Defend against the fast break
- Use last-second plays for when the game is on the line
- Make the most of out-of-bounds plays
- Scout and evaluate junior high school talent
- Get college coaches to scout their games
"As a young coach in the early 1970's, my goal was to compete with Bill and he was the standard I set for myself and my teams at Saint Anthony's. He set a very high standard for his coaching peers to strive for and I am obliged to say he has been a personal friend as well as a mentor to me for the last...