Forensic Digital Imaging And Photography
Forensic Digital Imaging and Photography
Forensic Digital Imaging and Photography covers each facet of digital imaging-how to select equipment, when to use it, how to produce a good image, and how to present that image in court. It clarifies the difference between what can be done digitally and what should be done in a forensic setting, and helps the reader "learn by doing" with exercises and step-by-step instructions.
- Teaches the basics of digital imaging and how to choose the right tool for each job
- Describes how to master specific tasks such as scanning, selecting media for archiving, configuring a digital imaging system, setting the proper resolution, adjusting the image, comparing images with known samples, and much more
- Includes detailed graphics of the photography and imaging tools, and dialog boxes to describe each function
- Provides easy-to-follow instructions for each exercise in the book, including required images
- Describes potential pitfalls of using digital technology
Law enforcement officials who follow the recommendations in this text can feel confident that their handling of imaging evidence will stand up to the high standards necessary for presentation in criminal cases. Topics covered in the book: The opening chapters teach the basics of digital imaging and how...