Focus On Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary (2nd Edition)
Focus on Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary (2nd Edition)
Focus on Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary is a research-based vocabulary textbook that gives intermediate to high-intermediate students hands-on preparation for understanding mid-frequency vocabulary, such as that found in novels, newspapers, films, and social and workplace settings. Through excerpts from popular material and well-crafted exercises, English learners focus on mid-frequency vocabulary — 504 word families in all. To help students reach a fuller understanding of the new vocabulary, each chapter provides a series of exercises on word meanings, word families, and collocation.
- Seven units focus on a variety of subject areas, such as the mind, design, celebrity, and the environment.
- The start of each main chapter features an Assessing Your Vocabulary Knowledge section, which helps students determine their level of familiarity with that chapter's twenty-four target words. Students reassess their familiarity with the words at the end of the chapter.
- Each main chapter carefully recycles the target words a minimum of four times in the reading passage and throughout the sections that follow: Reading Comprehension,...
- The Character Of Physical Law (MIT Press)
- Raw Histories: Photographs, Anthropology And Museums
- Alone With Others: An Existential Approach To Buddhism (Grove Press Eastern Philosophy And Literature)
- The Keeping Room (Novel)
- An Introduction To Historical Linguistics
- Flowers In Design: A Guide For Stitchery And Fabric Crafts (A Studio Book)
- Shades Of Meaning: Comprehension And Interpretation In Middle School
- On Dreams (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Sixth Position
- AA Street By Street: Portsmouth
- How To Pray With The Bible: The Ancient Prayer Form Of Lectio Divina Made Simple
- Better Lesson Plans, Better Lessons: Practical Strategies For Planning From Standards
- Running The Gauntlet The Complete Revised Works Of Christopher Seth New Edition
- The Stalking-Horse
- Programming The Microsoft Bot Framework: A Multiplatform Approach To Building Chatbots (Developer Reference)
- A Companion To American Technology
- Thoor Ballylee: Home Of William Butler Yeats
- Forensic Cremation Recovery And Analysis
- Aspects Of Multilingual Aphasia (Communication Disorders Across Languages)