Focus On Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary (2nd Edition)
Focus on Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary (2nd Edition)
Focus on Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary is a research-based vocabulary textbook that gives intermediate to high-intermediate students hands-on preparation for understanding mid-frequency vocabulary, such as that found in novels, newspapers, films, and social and workplace settings. Through excerpts from popular material and well-crafted exercises, English learners focus on mid-frequency vocabulary — 504 word families in all. To help students reach a fuller understanding of the new vocabulary, each chapter provides a series of exercises on word meanings, word families, and collocation.
- Seven units focus on a variety of subject areas, such as the mind, design, celebrity, and the environment.
- The start of each main chapter features an Assessing Your Vocabulary Knowledge section, which helps students determine their level of familiarity with that chapter's twenty-four target words. Students reassess their familiarity with the words at the end of the chapter.
- Each main chapter carefully recycles the target words a minimum of four times in the reading passage and throughout the sections that follow: Reading Comprehension,...
- Chilton 2014 Labor Guide CD-ROM (Domestic & Import)
- N' Sync
- Mermaids & Fairy Dust (Calm For Kids) (Magical Meditation For Girls Of All Ages)
- Ethics: Selections From Classical And Contemporary Writers
- Fisiopatología De Las Cardiopatías (Spanish Edition)
- The Conscience Of A Liberal: Reclaiming The Compassionate Agenda
- Sarah Kane: Complete Plays (Contemporary Dramatists)
- The Path Of American Public Policy: Comparative Perspectives
- Best Short Stories Of The Modern Age
- Homegrown Honey Bees: An Absolute Beginner's Guide To Beekeeping Your First Year, From Hiving To Honey Harvest
- On The High Road: The History Of Godin Tepe, Iran
- An Illustrated Guide To Personal Health
- Mississippi Bridge
- Re-Situating Folklore: Folk Contexts And Twentieth-Century Literature And Art
- Masanobu Tsuji's 'Underground Escape': From Siam After The Japanese Surrender
- Global Security Watch: Kenya
- The Power Of If: Excerpts From If
- Interpersonal Skills In Organizations
- The Mercury 13: The Untold Story Of Thirteen American Women And The Dream Of Space Flight
- Thermopylae: The Battle For The West