Focus On Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary (2nd Edition)
Focus on Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary (2nd Edition)
Focus on Vocabulary 1: Bridging Vocabulary is a research-based vocabulary textbook that gives intermediate to high-intermediate students hands-on preparation for understanding mid-frequency vocabulary, such as that found in novels, newspapers, films, and social and workplace settings. Through excerpts from popular material and well-crafted exercises, English learners focus on mid-frequency vocabulary — 504 word families in all. To help students reach a fuller understanding of the new vocabulary, each chapter provides a series of exercises on word meanings, word families, and collocation.
- Seven units focus on a variety of subject areas, such as the mind, design, celebrity, and the environment.
- The start of each main chapter features an Assessing Your Vocabulary Knowledge section, which helps students determine their level of familiarity with that chapter's twenty-four target words. Students reassess their familiarity with the words at the end of the chapter.
- Each main chapter carefully recycles the target words a minimum of four times in the reading passage and throughout the sections that follow: Reading Comprehension,...
- The Day's Last Light Reddens The Leaves Of The Copper Beech
- The Stories Of Hymns
- How To Play Trumpet
- Unyielding Spirits: Black Women And Slavery In Early Canada And Jamaica
- Policeman's Night Before Christmas, A
- The Soundtrack Of My Life
- The Art Of Naughty Dog
- Rude Pursuits And Rugged Peaks: Schoolcraft's Ozark Journal, 1818-1819 (Arkansas Classics)
- Starting And Managing Your Own Business: A Freelancing Guide For Paralegals
- Joy: The Happiness That Comes From Within (Osho Insights For A New Way Of Living)
- GMO Sapiens: The Life-Changing Science Of Designer Babies
- The Reversal (A Lincoln Lawyer Novel)
- The Necessary Dream: New Theories And Techniques Of Interpretation In Psychoanalysis
- Blues-Rock Guitar Bible (Guitar Recorded Version)
- The Book Of Mastery: The Mastery Trilogy: Book I
- Field Methods In Archaeology, 7th Edition
- Le Livre Des Peintres, De Carel Van Mander. T. 2 (Ed.1884-1885) (Arts) (French Edition)
- Men Of Prairie Folio Series, Vol. II: Jeffrey Lynch- Out On The Prairie
- Doing Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Practical Guide (Guides To Individualized Evidence-Based Treatment)
- Pruebas Clínicas Para Patología ósea, Articular Y Muscular (5ª Ed.)