Contemporary Topics 3 With Essential Online Resources (4th Edition)
Contemporary Topics 3 with Essential Online Resources (4th Edition)
Now in a fourth edition, Contemporary Topics expands on its highly respected approach to developing academic listening and study skills. Organized around realistic college lectures, the text guides learners through carefully sequenced activities in skills such as note-taking, focusing attention, intensive listening, and vocabulary building. It also helps students evaluate their interests and explore possible career paths.
New to This Edition
- New subject areas, presented as one-on-one academic lectures, emphasize professional applications such as software engineering, multimedia design, information technology, urban planning, and social psychology.
- Learning Outcomes listed at the outset of each unit let students know the goals of each unit and what their learning experience will be.
- New audio interviews with topic experts provide context for the upcoming unit lecture.
- Bottom-up listening and pronunciation exercises emphasize important principles and improve real-time perception.
- An oral presentation activity, supported by specific preparation and delivery strategies, concludes each unit and includes the opportunity for peer evaluation.
- Bird In A Cage
- Real As It Gets (Rumor Central)
- The Sonic Boom: How Sound Transforms The Way We Think, Feel, And Buy
- Last Night At The Lobster
- Magic Eye 2017 Wall Calendar
- Nonlinear Excitations In Biomolecules: Les Houches School, May 30 To June 4, 1994 (Centre De Physique Des Houches)
- I Used To Play Piano -- 80s And 90s Hits: An Innovative Approach For Adults Returning To The Piano
- Electricidad Básica, Parte 2 (Spanish Edition)
- La Baraja De Las Palabras. Material Para Trabajar La Conciencia Fonológica
- I Am Not Scared
- Jackie Chan
- Wild Animals: Trace Line Art Onto Paper Or Canvas, And Color Or Paint Your Own Masterpieces (Trace & Color)
- Awakening: The Music Industry In The Digital Age
- ADO.NET: From Novice To Pro, Visual Basic .NET Edition
- The Bangladesh Reader: History, Culture, Politics (The World Readers)
- Follow The Water From Brook To Ocean (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)
- Jim Henson: The Biography
- Papermaking: The History And Technique Of An Ancient Craft
- Project Management For Trainers
- A View From The Top