Contemporary Topics 3 With Essential Online Resources (4th Edition)
Contemporary Topics 3 with Essential Online Resources (4th Edition)
Now in a fourth edition, Contemporary Topics expands on its highly respected approach to developing academic listening and study skills. Organized around realistic college lectures, the text guides learners through carefully sequenced activities in skills such as note-taking, focusing attention, intensive listening, and vocabulary building. It also helps students evaluate their interests and explore possible career paths.
New to This Edition
- New subject areas, presented as one-on-one academic lectures, emphasize professional applications such as software engineering, multimedia design, information technology, urban planning, and social psychology.
- Learning Outcomes listed at the outset of each unit let students know the goals of each unit and what their learning experience will be.
- New audio interviews with topic experts provide context for the upcoming unit lecture.
- Bottom-up listening and pronunciation exercises emphasize important principles and improve real-time perception.
- An oral presentation activity, supported by specific preparation and delivery strategies, concludes each unit and includes the opportunity for peer evaluation.
- Women's Gospel Trios: A Collection Of Gospel Songs Arranged For The Use Of Women
- Managing Information Technology In Turbulent Times
- Monsters In Space! (Galaxy Zack)
- At The Writing Desk (Austrian Literature)
- The Nowhere Box
- Return Of Tarzan
- The Thinking Body (1959 Unabridged Edition, 3rd Printing - 1973)
- Naomi And Ely's No Kiss List
- The Patmos Deception
- The Temple Bombing
- Neither Poverty Nor Riches: A Biblical Theology Of Possessions (New Studies In Biblical Theology)
- The Producer's Business Handbook: The Roadmap For The Balanced Film Producer (American Film Market Presents)
- I Wasn't Born Bulletproof: Lessons I've Learned (So You Don't Have To)
- Joshua 1:9 - Be Strong And Of A Good Courage; Be Not Afraid, Neither Be Thou Dismayed: For The Lord Thy God Is With Thee Whithersoever Thou Goest: ... (Composition Book, Journal) (8.5 X 11 Large)
- Nishida Kitaro: The Man And His Thought (Studies In Japanese Philosophy) (Volume 2)
- Gabriel Faure (20th Century Composers)
- Reefer Madness Mandala And Quote Coloring Book For Adults: Mellow Madness With Mindless Marijuana Mandalas For Ultimate Relaxation And Stress Relief ... Cannabis, Hemp And Marijuana Themes)
- Twilight At Blueberry Barrens (A Sunset Cove Novel)
- People Of Plenty: Economic Abundance And The American Character (Walgreen Foundation Lectures)
- Oxford In Fiction (Garland Reference Library Of The Humanities)