Listening Power 3
Listening Power 3
Listening Power is a three-book series with a targeted approach to teaching the listening skills that students need inside and outside the classroom and on standardized tests such as the TOEFL and TOEIC.
Listening Power 3 features four distinct parts designed to be used concurrently.
- Language Focus teaches essential and sometimes difficult advanced-level skills such as reduced forms, patterns of intonation, and idiomatic expressions.
- Comprehension Focus presents skills for understanding main ideas, supporting ideas, and details; making inferences, distinguishing facts and opinions; and recognizing organizational patterns. Activities to help students apply the skills follow the presentation.
- Note-Taking Skills teaches students how to identify important words and information. This section also presents helpful techniques such as use of abbreviations, symbols, and formatting.
- Listening for Pleasure uses interesting audio material from movies, TV, radio, and recorded storytelling to help students understand the more subtle meaning communicated through tone of voice, sentence stress, and reduced forms.
From the Back Cover
- Pocket Surgery (Pocket Notebook Series)
- The Crypt Of The Ancients (The Crypt Trilogy) (Volume 2)
- Where The Heart Is (Ribbon Ridge 0.5)
- Hrotsvit Of Gandersheim: A Florilegium Of Her Works (Library Of Medieval Women)
- Blank Comic Book For Kids: Drawing Your Own Comic Book : Over 100 Pages 8.5" X 11"
- Discover Pascal In Delphi
- The Imperative Of Preaching
- Stephen Colbert: Beyond Truthiness
- Unbridled Spirits: Women Of The English Revolution: 1640-1660
- Food As Medicine: How To Use Diet, Vitamins, Juices, And Herbs For A Healthier, Happier, And Longer Life
- Bible Puzzles, Quizzes & Brain Twisters: The Big Fun Variety Collection
- Very Big Journey: My Life As I Remember It
- Swami Vivekananda On Himself
- Oil Painting For The Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide To Successful Oil Painting (Art For The Absolute Beginner)
- Burning Down The House: The End Of Juvenile Prison
- Instructional Leadership: A Research-Based Guide To Learning In Schools (4th Edition) (The Allyn & Bacon Educational Leadership)
- What Happened To Notre Dame?
- Handbook Of Monetary Economics, Volume 3B
- Full Of Grace: A Novel
- Fashion And The Future Of History: Historical Studies And Addresses