A Fortunate Life
A Fortunate Life
Born in 1894, Albert Facey lived the rough frontier life of a sheep farmer, survived the gore of Gallipoli, raised a family through the Depression, and spent 60 years with his beloved wife, Evelyn. Despite enduring hardships we can barely imagine today, Facey always saw his life as a "fortunate" one. A true classic of Australian literature, his simply written autobiography is an inspiration. It is the story of a life lived to the full—the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man.
About the Author
A. B. Facey (1894-2010) and grew up on the Kalgoorlie goldfields and in the wheat-belt of Western Australia. His father died before he was two and he was deserted by his mother soon afterwards. He was looked after by his grandmother until he was eight years old, when he went out to work. His many jobs included droving, hammering spikes on the railway line from Merredin to Wickepin and boxing in a travelling troupe. He was in the Eleventh Battalion at the Gallipoli landing; after the war, he became a farmer under the Soldier Settlement Scheme but was forced off the land during the Depression. He joined the tramways and...
- Acoustic Guitar Care 101: A Survival Guide For Beginners
- The Storm Sister: Book Two (The Seven Sisters)
- What We Learned (the Hard Way) About Supervising Volunteers: An Action Guide For Making Your Job Easier (Collective Wisdom Series)
- Practice, Learning And Change: Practice-Theory Perspectives On Professional Learning (Professional And Practice-based Learning)
- Katie Luther
- School Letters In English And Spanish: These Time Saving Templates Are A Perfect Resource When Sending Home A Field Trip Permission Form, A Health ... And Spanish For You To Revise As You Need.
- Busting The Retirement Lies: Living With Passion, Purpose, And Abundance Throughout Our Lives
- Kidnapped At Birth? (Marvin Redpost 1, Paper)
- TIME, GENTLEMEN, PLEASE!
- Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark
- Elementary Statistics In Social Research (12th Edition)
- Kids These Days: Facts And Fictions About Today's Youth
- Buddhism, Politics And The Limits Of Law: The Pyrrhic Constitutionalism Of Sri Lanka (Comparative Constitutional Law And Policy)
- Semites: Race, Religion, Literature (Cultural Memory In The Present)
- Maya Lin: Topologies
- Taking An Honest And Spiritual Inventory Participant's Guide 2: A Recovery Program Based On Eight Principles From The Beatitudes (Celebrate Recovery)
- Red Knife: A Novel (Cork O'Connor Mystery Series)
- Killer Sudoku Book: Killer Sudoku Sums Puzzles Printed In Large Font (Volume 1)
- Create Rectangular Coordinates: Step By Step Guide (Surveying Mathematics Made Simple)
- Dictionary Of Printmaking Terms (Printmaking Handbooks)