The SIOP Model For Teaching History-Social Studies To English Learners (SIOP Series)
The SIOP Model for Teaching History-Social Studies to English Learners (SIOP Series)
Enhance your History-Social Studies content instruction with the SIOP Model and transform the academic English and content area skills of your English learners.
Based on the best-selling resource, Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model by acclaimed authors Jana Echevarria, MaryEllen Vogt, and Deborah Short; teachers, coaches, and intervention teachers have access to research-based, SIOP-tested techniques for lessons specifically for the History-Social Studies classrooms. This highly anticipated book, The SIOP Model for Teaching History-Social Studies to English Learners addresses the issues faced in teaching history-social studies to English learners (ELs) at each grade-level. SIOP techniques and activities organized around the eight SIOP components guide educators in promoting academic language development along with comprehensible content.
Written for SIOP teachers and those who have learned the SIOP Model, this book includes proven, effective lessons and comprehensive units. In addition, this book provides ideas to adapt the techniques for students at different levels of English proficiency. This book is sure to become an indispensable resource for history-social studies educators of English learners.
- In Their Own Words: Criminals On Crime
- Quantic Love (Spanish Edition)
- Chloë Sevigny
- Manga For The Beginner Chibis: Everything You Need To Start Drawing The Super-Cute Characters Of Japanese Comics
- A Wartime Log: A Remembrance From Home Through The American Y.M.C.A.
- Ministry Protocol: Thrilling Tales Of The Ministry Of Peculiar Occurrences
- Draw & Paint Fantasy Art Warriors & Heroes
- CliffsNotes RICA 2nd Edition (CliffsNotes (Paperback))
- Majestie: The King Behind The King James Bible
- Our Horizon: In The Moment
- Really Woolly Bedtime Prayers
- Brown V. Board Of Education: Caste, Culture, And The Constitution (Landmark Law Cases & American Society)
- Un Año De Dulces / A Year In Sweets (Spanish Edition)
- The Day The Sea Went Out And Never Came Back: A Story For Children Who Have Lost Someone They Love (Helping Children With Feelings) (Volume 2)
- Kharis: Hellenic Polytheism Explored
- A History Of Psychology: Ideas And Context
- Suzanne Opton: Soldier, Many Wars
- Let's Go To Hell: Scattered Memories Of The Butthole Surfers
- Learning Through Music
- Growing In Christian Morality: (Student Text)