The SIOP Model For Teaching History-Social Studies To English Learners (SIOP Series)
The SIOP Model for Teaching History-Social Studies to English Learners (SIOP Series)
Enhance your History-Social Studies content instruction with the SIOP Model and transform the academic English and content area skills of your English learners.
Based on the best-selling resource, Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model by acclaimed authors Jana Echevarria, MaryEllen Vogt, and Deborah Short; teachers, coaches, and intervention teachers have access to research-based, SIOP-tested techniques for lessons specifically for the History-Social Studies classrooms. This highly anticipated book, The SIOP Model for Teaching History-Social Studies to English Learners addresses the issues faced in teaching history-social studies to English learners (ELs) at each grade-level. SIOP techniques and activities organized around the eight SIOP components guide educators in promoting academic language development along with comprehensible content.
Written for SIOP teachers and those who have learned the SIOP Model, this book includes proven, effective lessons and comprehensive units. In addition, this book provides ideas to adapt the techniques for students at different levels of English proficiency. This book is sure to become an indispensable resource for history-social studies educators of English learners.
- Greetings From The Graveyard (43 Old Cemetery Road)
- Thomas Sully: Painted Performance
- White World Order, Black Power Politics: The Birth Of American International Relations (The United States In The World)
- The Daughter Of Black Ice
- American Fascists: The Christian Right And The War On America
- El Leon De Hollywood / Lion Of Hollywood: La Vida Y La Leyenda De Louis B. Mayer / The Life And Legend Of Louis B. Mayer (Spanish Edition)
- Wedding Flute Solos: Wedding Essentials Series (Book & Online Audio)
- Daffodils, Violets And Snowflakes: 24 Classical Songs For Young Women Ages Ten To Mid-Teens (High Voice)
- Silverton And The Alpine Loop (Images Of America)
- The Rhythm Method: Sex, Drums And Rock'n'roll
- Attention (New Problems Of Philosophy)
- The Writer's Brush: Paintings, Drawings, And Sculpture By Writers
- Daughter Of Fortune: A Novel
- Hatter M: Love Of Wonder (Hatter M The Looking Glass Wars Tp)
- Exercises For Weather & Climate (8th Edition)
- Francis Alÿs: The Historic Center Of Mexico City
- Nutrition: Understanding The Basics: Nutrition 101, Healthy Eating And Weight Loss - Lose Weight And Feel Great!
- Washington's Highway 99 (Images Of America)
- Homeland Security: A Complete Guide To Understanding, Preventing, And Surviving Terrorism
- The Industrial Worker, 1840-1860: The Reaction Of American Industrial Society To The Advance Of The Industrial Revolution