The Filmmaker's Eye: Learning (and Breaking) The Rules Of Cinematic Composition
The Filmmaker's Eye: Learning (and Breaking) the Rules of Cinematic Composition
This is the only book that combines conceptual and practical instruction on creating polished and eloquent images for film and video with the technical know-how to achieve them.
Loaded with hundreds of full-color examples, The Filmmaker's Eye is a focused, easy-to-reference guide that shows you how to become a strong visual storyteller through smart, effective choices for your shots.After a short introduction to basic principles, a variety of shots are deconstructed in the following format:
- Why It Works: an introduction to a particular type of shot
- How It Works: callouts point out exactly how the shot works the way it does--the visual rules and technical aspects in action
- Technical Considerations: the equipment and techniques needed to get the shot.
- Breaking the Rules: examples where the "rules" are brilliant subverted
- Helps you make smart visual choices with this quick, focused, and visual guide to cinematic composition.
- Shows you how to master the rules, then break them.
- Includes examples and discussions from a range of international films.