Unpacking My Library: Architects And Their Books
Unpacking My Library: Architects and Their Books
What does a library say about the mind of its owner? How do books map the intellectual interests, curiosities, tastes, and personalities of their readers? What does the collecting of books have in common with the practice of architecture? Unpacking My Library provides an intimate look at the personal libraries of twelve of the world’s leading architects, alongside conversations about the significance of books to their careers and lives.
Photographs of bookshelves—displaying well-loved and rare volumes, eclectic organizational schemes, and the individual touches that make a bookshelf one’s own—provide an evocative glimpse of their owner’s personal life. Each architect also presents a reading list of top ten influential titles, from architectural history to theory to fiction and nonfiction, that serves as a personal philosophy of literature and history, and advice on what every young architect, scholar, and lover of architecture should read.
An inspiring cross-section of notable libraries, this beautiful book celebrates the arts of reading and collecting.
Unpacking My Library: Architects and Their Books features the libraries of:
Liz Diller & Ric Scofidio
- Dear Quentin: Letters Of A Governor-General
- WORDS OF POWER And TRANSFORMATION: 101+ Magickal Words And Sigils Of Celestine Light To Manifest Your Desires
- New Perspectives In Typography
- KITCHEN STILL LIFE The Art Of Still Life Painting With Acrylics
- Defeating Your Adversary In The Court Of Heaven
- Index To Collective Biographies For Young Readers, 4th Edition
- Holy Bible With The Apocryphal / Deuterocanonical Books [New Revised Standard Version (NSRV)]
- Amelia Bedelia Chapter Book #3: Amelia Bedelia Road Trip!
- Women's Global Health And Human Rights
- Interpreting The Prophets: Reading, Understanding And Preaching From The Worlds Of The Prophets
- Processing Chemicals And Formulas For Black And White Photography
- Simple Weight
- Charlotte Huck's Children's Literature With Online Learning Center Card (Children's Literature In The Elementary School)
- La Locura Del Solucionismo Tecnológico
- The Louisiana Irish
- Johannes Cabal The Detective
- How Right You Are, Jeeves
- 3-Minute Devotions For Girls: 180 Inspirational Readings For Young Hearts
- Transparency, Public Relations And The Mass Media: Combating The Hidden Influences In News Coverage Worldwide (Routledge Focus On Public Relations)
- Sustainable Tourism With Web Resource: Business Development, Operations, And Management