A History Of The Gypsies Of Eastern Europe And Russia
A History of the Gypsies of Eastern Europe and Russia
David Crowe draws from previously untapped East European, Russian, and traditional sources to explore the life, history, and culture of the Gypsies, or Roma, from their entrance into the region in the Middle Ages until the present.
From Library Journal
Crowe, a historian and scholar who has previously edited a collection of conference papers on this topic, places the Gypsy experience within the context of the development of six nations-Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Yugoslavia. Crowe has extensively documented his study, relying upon standard histories, documents, and recently identified sources from the region in many languages. He seeks to present both the contribution of the Gypsies to each nation examined as well as the prejudice they experienced there. He makes the point that until Gypsies are treated more fairly, mistrust between them and other citizens will continue to block their integration into national life. This useful work has a place in regional and larger collections.
Rena Fowler, Humboldt State Univ., Arcata, Cal.
Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc.
- Bob Willoughby: Audrey Hepburn
- Tricks With Dollar Bills: Another Way To Make Your Money Disappear
- Pendragon Complete Collection: The Merchant Of Death; The Lost City Of Faar; The Never War; The Reality Bug; Black Water; The Rivers Of Zadaa; The ... Of Rayne; Raven Rise; The Soldiers Of Halla
- Ukulele Slack Key: Hawaiian Slack Key Styling
- Jazz Fundamentals In Flamenco: Major Modes In Treble Clef
- Algal Ecology: Freshwater Benthic Ecosystem (Aquatic Ecology)
- Aromas Of Aleppo: The Legendary Cuisine Of Syrian Jews
- Spring Fever: A Novel
- Breve Historia Del Salvaje Oeste. Pistoleros Y Forajidos (Breve Historia/ Brief History) (Spanish Edition)
- The Enigma Of Capital: And The Crises Of Capitalism
- Interpersonal Communication
- Brown: The Last Discovery Of America
- Introduction To Modern Optics (Dover Books On Physics)
- Schutzhund Obedience : Training In Drive
- : Memento Moronika
- Blank Sheet Music - 10 Staves: Music Staff Paper / Sheet Music Book / Music Sheet Notes/ Musicians Notebook (Volume 20)
- Classic Starts: 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Classic Starts™ Series)
- Crazy Stories, Sane God: Lessons From The Most Unexpected Places In The Bible
- The Future Of Adventism: Theology, Society, Experience
- ORTODONCIA I. MANUAL TEORICO PRACTICO DE