A History Of The Gypsies Of Eastern Europe And Russia
A History of the Gypsies of Eastern Europe and Russia
David Crowe draws from previously untapped East European, Russian, and traditional sources to explore the life, history, and culture of the Gypsies, or Roma, from their entrance into the region in the Middle Ages until the present.
From Library Journal
Crowe, a historian and scholar who has previously edited a collection of conference papers on this topic, places the Gypsy experience within the context of the development of six nations-Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Russia, and Yugoslavia. Crowe has extensively documented his study, relying upon standard histories, documents, and recently identified sources from the region in many languages. He seeks to present both the contribution of the Gypsies to each nation examined as well as the prejudice they experienced there. He makes the point that until Gypsies are treated more fairly, mistrust between them and other citizens will continue to block their integration into national life. This useful work has a place in regional and larger collections.
Rena Fowler, Humboldt State Univ., Arcata, Cal.
Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc.
- Mamá Sueña Con Un Bichito De Luz (El Viaje Del Bichito De Luz) (Spanish Edition)
- Creative Magic
- How To Play Guitar In Every Key
- Dash (Dogs Of World War II)
- Calculus: Early Transcendentals, Books A La Carte Plus MyMathLab/MyStatLab Student Access Kit (2nd Edition)
- The Best Little Marketing Plan: A Simple Workbook For Building A Great Marketing Strategy
- Learning Flex 4: Getting Up To Speed With Rich Internet Application Design And Development (Adobe Developer Library)
- Bone Marrow Nei Kung: Taoist Techniques For Rejuvenating The Blood And Bone
- The Complete Peanuts 1995-1998 Gift Box Set (Vol. 12) (The Complete Peanuts)
- Rachel Whiteread: EMBANKMENT (Unilever)
- Ready-to-Use North American Indian Motifs: 391 Different Permission-Free Designs Printed One Side (Dover Clip Art Ready-to-Use)
- Drug War Mexico: Politics, Neoliberalism And Violence In The New Narcoeconomy
- Lost In The Tunnel Of Time (Clubhouse Mysteries)
- Christmas Letters
- Atlas De Histologia Y Organografia Microscopica / Atlas Of Histology And Microscopic Organography (Spanish Edition)
- Decade Of Denial: A Snapshot Of America In The 1990s
- The Makioka Sisters
- Philosophies And Theories For Advanced Nursing Practice (Butts, Philosophies And Theories For Advanced Nursing Practice)
- Mudras (Spanish Edition)
- Global Diagnosis: A New Vision Of Dental Diagnosis And Treatment Planning