Voracious: A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way Through Great Books
Voracious: A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way through Great Books
AN IRRESISTIBLE LITERARY FEAST
Stories and recipes inspired by the world's great books
As a young bookworm reading in her grandfather's butcher shop, Cara Nicoletti saw how books and food bring people to life. Now a butcher, cook, and talented writer, she serves up stories and recipes inspired by beloved books and the food that gives their characters depth and personality.
From the breakfast sausage in Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House in the Big Woods to chocolate cupcakes with peppermint buttercream from Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections, these books and the tasty treats in them put her on the road to happiness.
Cooking through the books that changed her life, Nicoletti shares fifty recipes, including:
- The perfect soft-boiled egg in Jane Austen's Emma
- Grilled peaches with homemade ricotta in tribute to Joan Didion's "Goodbye to All That"
- New England clam chowder inspired by Herman Melville's Moby-Dick
- Fava bean and chicken liver mousse crostini (with a nice Chianti) after Thomas Harris's The Silence of the Lambs
- Brown butter crêpes from Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl
Beautifully illustrated, clever, and full of heart, Voracious will satisfy anyone who loves a fantastic meal with family...
- Abnormal Psychology In A Changing World (10th Edition)
- The Development Of The American Presidency
- Politics With Purpose: Occasional Observations On Public And Private Life
- Fredericks & Mae Playing Cards
- Art Students League Of New York On Painting: Lessons And Meditations On Mediums, Styles, And Methods
- Break Dancing: Step-by-Step Instructions
- SocialCorp: Social Media Goes Corporate
- Pearl Jam: Art Of Do The Evolution
- Este Cuerpo Es Humano: Anatomía Escrita Y Dibujada (Trampantojo) (Spanish Edition)
- Black Sunday
- Nursing Beyond The Bedside: 60 Non-hospital Careers In Nursing
- College Placement Test Study Guide: Test Prep Book & Practice Test Questions For College Placement Exams
- Depression-Free, Naturally: 7 Weeks To Eliminating Anxiety, Despair, Fatigue, And Anger From Your Life
- Two And Two: McSorley's, My Dad, And Me
- Snoopy's Book Of Words
- For My Grandson: Journal/Planner
- U.S. Marshals: The Greatest Cases Of America's Most Effective Law Enforcement Agency
- Ryan Adams & The Cardinals: A View Of Other Windows
- Burning Man: Art In The Desert
- The Shrinking Man (Richard Matheson's The Shrinking Man)