Voracious: A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way Through Great Books
Voracious: A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way through Great Books
AN IRRESISTIBLE LITERARY FEAST
Stories and recipes inspired by the world's great books
As a young bookworm reading in her grandfather's butcher shop, Cara Nicoletti saw how books and food bring people to life. Now a butcher, cook, and talented writer, she serves up stories and recipes inspired by beloved books and the food that gives their characters depth and personality.
From the breakfast sausage in Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House in the Big Woods to chocolate cupcakes with peppermint buttercream from Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections, these books and the tasty treats in them put her on the road to happiness.
Cooking through the books that changed her life, Nicoletti shares fifty recipes, including:
- The perfect soft-boiled egg in Jane Austen's Emma
- Grilled peaches with homemade ricotta in tribute to Joan Didion's "Goodbye to All That"
- New England clam chowder inspired by Herman Melville's Moby-Dick
- Fava bean and chicken liver mousse crostini (with a nice Chianti) after Thomas Harris's The Silence of the Lambs
- Brown butter crêpes from Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl
Beautifully illustrated, clever, and full of heart, Voracious will satisfy anyone who loves a fantastic meal with family...
- Women Drummers: A History From Rock And Jazz To Blues And Country
- Taxing Ourselves, 4th Edition: A Citizen's Guide To The Debate Over Taxes
- God's Unruly Friends: Dervish Groups In The Islamic Middle Period 1200-1550
- Reading Error: The Lyric And Contemporary Poetry (Modern Poetry)
- Iris And Walter (Green Light Readers Level 3)
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- What Is Art?: Conversations With Joseph Beuys
- Black And White Photography Tutorial.(Chinese Edition)
- Tattoo Darlings: An Inky Girls Coloring Book
- The Psychopathology Of Crime: Criminal Behavior As A Clinical Disorder
- MyBCommLab With Pearson EText -- Access Card -- For Excellence In Business Communication
- Train Like You Fly: A Flight Instructor's Guide To Scenario-based Training
- String Quartets: A Research And Information Guide (Routledge Music Bibliographies)
- Big Book Of Borders And Frames (Dover Pictorial Archives)
- You'll Get Through This: Hope And Help For Your Turbulent Times
- Alex Ovechkin: The Inspirational Story Of Hockey Superstar Alex Ovechkin (Alex Ovechkin Unauthorized Biography, Washington, D.C. Capitals, Russia, NHL Books)
- Quaternary History And Palaeolithic Archaeology In The Axe Valley At Broom, South West England
- No Stress Tech Guide To Crystal Reports XI For Beginners (2nd Edition)