Manual Of Natural Veterinary Medicine: Science And Tradition, 1e
Manual of Natural Veterinary Medicine: Science and Tradition, 1e
This handy reference provides users with an understanding of complementary and alternative treatment options for more than 130 common disease states. A practical manual, it describes a variety of possible approaches to small animal disorders. Concentrating on nutrition, herbs, traditional Chinese medicines, and physical therapies, the authors present both tradition- and evidence-based therapies for disorders not always responsive to conventional therapies. Each monograph-style discussion of natural therapies for disorders common to specific body systems presents therapeutic rationales with the goals of treatment, alternative therapies with conventional bases, paradigmatic options, and authors' suggestions from which they've experienced success. Key references are also included at the conclusion of each chapter.
- Presents new and alternative therapies with scientific support, encouraging veterinarians explore new therapies with confidence.
- Helps veterinarians develop treatment plans - a vast improvement over large texts that simply introduce the therapies.
- Clearly explains esoteric concepts of traditional Chinese medicine in updated language.
- Practical, user-friendly pocket manual format allows for quick access in the clinical setting.
- Chapters are organized logically by body system and disorders are alphabetized within each chapter.
- Each body system chapter includes a case report that describes the history, physical examination, assessment, treatment, and outcome of...