Mosby's Expert Physical Exam Handbook: Rapid Inpatient And Outpatient Assessments, 3e
Mosby's Expert Physical Exam Handbook: Rapid Inpatient and Outpatient Assessments, 3e
With the most up-to-date information on assessment techniques, normal and abnormal findings, and the assessment of patients with specific diseases and disorders, Mosby’s Expert Physical Exam Handbook: Rapid Inpatient and Outpatient Assessments, 3rd Edition is an essential resource for the medical-surgical setting. Detailed instructions and tips help you effectively apply your physical examination skills. From basic examination techniques to step-by-step guides for examining each body region and system, this handbook has everything you need to perform quick and thorough physical examinations.
- UNIQUE! Action Stats identify immediate actions for critical situations and explain what to do for a patient with a potentially life-threatening condition.UNIQUE! Disorder Close-Ups enable you to identify abnormalities and determine when further analysis or treatment is needed.
- Normal Findings summarize characteristic findings and acceptable variations based on age, sex, and condition of the patient.
- UNIQUE! Interpreting Abnormal Findings helps you analyze irregular findings and determine their causes.
- A chapter on documentation highlights key information to record during the initial assessment, with guidelines for documenting findings for over 20 selected conditions.
- Examination Tips save you time with practical advice on how to examine patients more efficiently.
- Lifespan Considerations provide...