Motor Speech Disorders: Substrates, Differential Diagnosis, And Management, 3e
Motor Speech Disorders: Substrates, Differential Diagnosis, and Management, 3e
With expanded and updated information including current techniques, approaches, and case studies, the 3rd edition of this bestselling book continues its reputation as a dependable and outstanding evidence-based source on acquired motor speech disorders in adults. It covers the substrates of motor speech and its disorders, the disorders and their diagnoses, and management -- focusing on integrating what is known about the bases of motor speech disorders with the realities of clinical practice to ensure readers have the key content they need to be effective practitioners.
- Three-part organization first covers the neurologic underpinnings of speech, then the various disorders resulting from problems in the nervous system, and then the basic principles and disorder-specific management strategies.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice helps distill disparate information and stresses the best practices within motor speech disorders.
- Cutting-edge research ensures this book contains the most comprehensive and up-to-date look at the state of motor speech disorders.
- Case studies help clarify dense and difficult content and help hone your critical thinking skills.
- Summary tables and boxes offer easy access to important information such as causes and characteristics to aid in differential diagnosis.
- Chapter outline and summary sections keep you focused on the most...