Principles And Practice Of Psychiatric Nursing, 10e (Principles And Practice Of Psychiatric Nursing (Stuart))
Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Nursing, 10e (Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Nursing (Stuart))
Using the latest clinical research and diagnoses, Principles and Practice of Psychiatric Nursing, 10th Edition provides a holistic, biopsychosocial approach to psychiatric nursing care. It follows the popular Stuart stress-adaptation framework and includes comprehensive coverage to simplify important nursing and medical concepts, promote quality and safety in care, and address psychobiology and psychopharmacology topics integral to today’s psychiatry. New to this edition is a chapter on psychiatric care of military personnel, plus the latest on health care reform, prescription abuse, and obesity issues. Written by psychiatric nursing expert Gail W. Stuart, this market-leading text makes it easy to apply classroom theory to clinical practice.
- An easy-to-follow writing style makes it easy to understand both simple and complex topics.
- A well-rounded, collaborative approach provides coverage of all major psychiatric disorders from nursing and medical perspectives.
- The Stuart Stress Adaptation Model of health and wellness provides a consistent nursing-oriented framework, with clear explanations of biological, psychological, sociocultural, environmental, and legal-ethical components.
- An evidence-based practice approach bridges the gap between clinical research and everyday practice.
- Learning from a Clinical Case boxes begin disorders chapters with thought-provoking questions and end chapters with answers...