Getting Grammar: 150 New Ways To Teach An Old Subject
Getting Grammar: 150 New Ways to Teach an Old Subject
- Getting Grammar is a book chock full of inviting ways to share grammar information with students. But it is so much more.
- Shelley Harwayne
Getting Grammar is a new take on an old - fashioned subject - a slim, practical guide with more than 150 fresh ideas for addressing parts of speech and sentence structure, from teaching it, to learning it, to adapting it for students whose home language isn't English.
Because of its accessibility and practicality, you'll keep Getting Grammar close at hand because it's a ready reference for your own grammar questions and a treasure trove of teaching ideas. Whether you are a veteran teacher, a new teacher, or a preservice teacher, Donna Hooker Topping and Sandra Josephs Hoffman offer plenty of information and lessons you can use in the classroom right away, including:
- a quick review of the grammatical concepts you'll be teaching
- more than 150 engaging ways to teach it through authentic literature, writing, movement, games, music, art, even drama
- smart advice for supporting English learners as they encounter grammar in a new language
- assessment tips and tools.
In addition Getting...