A Mind For Murder: The Education Of The Unabomber And The Origins Of Modern Terrorism
A Mind for Murder: The Education of the Unabomber and the Origins of Modern Terrorism
"With its unusual emphasis and sometimes surprisingly personal tone, this may become the definitive Kaczynksi volume."―Publishers WeeklyThis is a radically new interpretation of the life and motives of the infamous Unabomber. Alston Chase's gripping account follows Ted Kaczynski from an unhappy adolescence in Illinois to Harvard, where he was subject not only to the despairing intellectual currents of the Cold War but also to ethically questionable psychological experiments. Kaczynski fled academia to the edge of the wilderness in Montana, but Chase shows us that he was never the wild mountain man the media often assumed him to be. Kaczynski was living in a book-lined cabin just off a main road when he formulated the view of the world that he used to justify murder. Through Chase's compelling narration of the planning and execution of Kaczynski's crimes, we come to know a thoroughly cold-blooded killer, but one whose ideas were uncannily close to those of mainstream America. Originally published in hardcover as Harvard and the Unabomber.
"A chilling and provocative account of what made the Unabomber tick."
Fascinating and revealing.
- The Fourth Book Of Paint Along With Nancy Kominsky; Oil Painting Made Easy
- Counseling And Therapy For Couples (SW 393R 15-Couples Counseling)
- Inspirational Coloring Book: For Fun And Relaxation
- Routledge Handbook Of Urban Forestry (Routledge Handbooks)
- Change Leadership In Higher Education: A Practical Guide To Academic Transformation
- Tangled: Kingdom Of Color (Step Into Reading, Step 1)
- Post Sovereign Constitutional Making: Learning And Legitimacy (Oxford Constitutional Theory)
- Constructivist Strategies For Teaching English Language Learners
- Thermodynamics And Heat Power (6th Edition)
- Never Too Busy To Cure Clutter: Simplify Your Life One Minute At A Time
- Secret Stash! Mixed Media Backgrounds: 98 Painted Pages To Use In Your Own Creations!
- Introduction To Sanskrit: Part Two
- Images Of A Complex World: The Art And Poetry Of Chaos
- Texas: A Photographic Journey
- The Amazing Thing About The Way It Goes: Stories Of Tidiness, Self-Esteem And Other Things I Gave Up On
- An Osteopathic Approach To Diagnosis And Treatment
- The Rules Of The Global Game: A New Look At US International Economic Policymaking
- Fritz Scholder: Lithographs
- Euclid: The Thirteen Books Of Elements, Vol. 3, Books 10-13
- Maxi, El Pequeno Aventurero (Spanish Edition)