A Mind For Murder: The Education Of The Unabomber And The Origins Of Modern Terrorism
A Mind for Murder: The Education of the Unabomber and the Origins of Modern Terrorism
"With its unusual emphasis and sometimes surprisingly personal tone, this may become the definitive Kaczynksi volume."―Publishers WeeklyThis is a radically new interpretation of the life and motives of the infamous Unabomber. Alston Chase's gripping account follows Ted Kaczynski from an unhappy adolescence in Illinois to Harvard, where he was subject not only to the despairing intellectual currents of the Cold War but also to ethically questionable psychological experiments. Kaczynski fled academia to the edge of the wilderness in Montana, but Chase shows us that he was never the wild mountain man the media often assumed him to be. Kaczynski was living in a book-lined cabin just off a main road when he formulated the view of the world that he used to justify murder. Through Chase's compelling narration of the planning and execution of Kaczynski's crimes, we come to know a thoroughly cold-blooded killer, but one whose ideas were uncannily close to those of mainstream America. Originally published in hardcover as Harvard and the Unabomber.
"A chilling and provocative account of what made the Unabomber tick."
Fascinating and revealing.
- The Fig Tree: Memoirs Of A Taiwanese Patriot
- DIMENSIONS: A Casebook Of Alien Contact
- The Art Of The Birdhouse: Portraits Of Artists And Their Creations
- Religion: A Preface (2nd Edition)
- Swords Of Exodus (Dead Six)
- ProgramaciÃ³n De MÃ¡quinas-Herramienta Con Control NumÃ©rico (ESTUDIOS DE LA UNED)
- Blank Sheet Music Book: Empty Staff, 10 Stave Manuscript Sheets Notation Paper For Composing For Musicians,Teachers, Students, Songwriting. Book Notebook Journal 100 Pages 8.5x36
- Burying The Dead But Not The Past: Ladies' Memorial Associations And The Lost Cause (Civil War America)
- Torn: A Terrified Girl. A Shocking Secret. A Terrible Choice.
- W21XB - Standard Of Excellence Book 1 - Tenor Saxophone
- Oxford Bookworms Library: Call Of The Wild: Level 3: 1000-Word Vocabulary
- Becoming A Helper, 6th Edition (Introduction To Human Services)
- Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing For Lowdermilk Maternity And Women's Health Care (Retail Access Card), 11e
- The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, And Body In The Healing Of Trauma
- An Uncertain Choice
- A Schnittke Reader:
- The Big Picture Bible Verses: Tracing The Storyline Of The Bible
- Beyond Hollywood's Grasp
- Nietzsche: Writings From The Early Notebooks (Cambridge Texts In The History Of Philosophy)
- The President's Daughter