Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key Points And Techniques
Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques
Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques provides a concise and jargon-free guide to the thinking and practice of this exciting approach, which enables people to make changes in their lives quickly and effectively. It covers:
- The history and background to solution focused practice
- The philosophical underpinnings of the approach
- Techniques and practices
- Specific applications to work with children and adolescents, (including school-based work) families, and adults
- How to deal with difficult situations
- Organisational applications including supervision, coaching and leadership.
- Frequently asked questions
This book is an invaluable resource for all therapists and counsellors, whether in training or practice. It will also be essential for any professional whose job it is to help people make changes in their lives, and will therefore be of interest to social workers, probation officers, psychiatric staff, doctors, and teachers, as well as those working in organisations as coaches and managers.
"“Do what works” is a basic SFBT rule. Were Steve and Insoo still with us, I am sure they would be very happy to see what their “students” have produced. Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key...