Directing The Documentary (Portuguese And English Edition)
Directing the Documentary (Portuguese and English Edition)
Directing the Documentary, Sixth Edition is the definitive book on the form, offering time-tested principles to help you master the craft. Ideal for documentary courses as well as aspiring and established documentary filmmakers, this book has it all, with in-depth lessons and insider perspectives on every aspect of preproduction, production, and postproduction. Focusing on the hands-on work needed to make your concept a reality, this new edition covers it all, from the fundamental to advanced elements of directing and more. It includes dozens of projects, practical exercises, and thought-provoking questions, and provides best practices for researching and honing your documentary idea, developing a crew, guiding your team, maintaining control throughout the shoot, and much more.
This new edition features:
- A two-stage cinematic learning process: camera observation skills, then advanced storytelling
- Dozens of real-world exercises and case studies to demystify production processes and enhance your skills
- Easy-to-comprehend guidance in the creative, technical, and artistic aspects of directing
- Fresh coverage of the latest filmmaking technology
- Expanded sections on grant writing and fundraising, emphasizing proposal and pitching skills
- A self-assessment of your interviewing skills...