The Book Of (Holiday) Awesome
The Book of (Holiday) Awesome
There’s nothing like the holidays. They bring out the best, and sometimes the worst, in everyone. Luckily, Neil Pasricha is here to remind us that not only are the holidays great, but there’s actually even more to celebrate than we realize. From Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa, to other holidays throughout the year, such as Mother’s Day and Thanksgiving, The Book of (Holiday) Awesome will show you why holidays are…AWESOME.
- Making the first footprint in fresh snow
- When the in-laws leave
- Waking up and realizing it’s Christmas
- Just barely wrapping a gift with that tiny scrap of leftover wrapping paper
- When they finally stop playing Christmas songs on the radio
- Knowing “Kwanzaa” is worth more Scrabble points than “Hanukkah” or “Christmas”
Holidays can be awesome, but not necessarily in the ways that many of us might consider. Pasricha portrays the value of silly victories, warm moments, and lots of things that can’t be bought, such as drinking with grandma, successfully taking a nap at the in-laws, regifting a present to someone who actually appreciates it, ripping presents open with the gusto of a wild animal, and stealing smoldering cookies straight out of the oven. Even...