Beginning ASP.NET 3.5: In C# And VB
Beginning ASP.NET 3.5: In C# and VB
This book is for anyone who wants to learn how to build rich and interactive Microsoft ASP.NET web sites. With the knowledge you gain from this book, you create a great foundation to build any type of web site, ranging from simple hobby-related web sites to sites you may be creating for commercial purposes. Using this book’s step-by-step format you’ll learn to:
- Obtain, install, and customize Visual Web Developer (VWD) 2008
- create a new web site and how to add new pages to it.
- use the numerous tools in VWD to create HTML and ASP.NET pages
- use the VWD tools and CSS, the language that is used to format web pages
- What ASP.NET server controls are, what they are used for, and how to use them
- program web pages Visual Basic or C#
- create consistent-looking pages through the use of master pages, skins, and themes
- build the navigation structure of your site
- create and use User Controls and enhance them to repeat content like menus and banners
- accept, validate, and process user input and send e-mail from your ASP.NET web application
- create good looking, flicker free web page interaction with ASP.NET Ajax ...