Measuring Business Interruption Losses And Other Commercial Damages
Measuring Business Interruption Losses and Other Commercial Damages
An updated explanation of the methodology for how lost profits should be measured
Now fully revised and updated, focused on commercial litigation and the many common types of cases, this is the only book in the field to explain the complicated process of measuring business interruption damages. The book features an easy to understand and apply, step-by-step process for how losses should be measured so as to be accurate and reliable and consistent with the relevant laws.
With a new chapter on the economics of punitive damages, the new edition also explains detailed methods for measuring damages in contract litigation, intellectual property lawsuits, antitrust, and securities cases. This new Second Edition incorporates the latest developments in the fields of economics and accounting, while also integrating the most current changes in case law.
Here's what you will find
- Each chapter includes new materials and updated content
- Added websites for sources of data
- Includes a website for updated tables that can be utilized by readers
- A section of the new cases involving Daubert challenges to economists
- Includes methods on how to do industry research
- A new section covering the equity risk...