Notes On Nursing: What It Is, And What It Is Not (Dover Books On Biology)
Notes on Nursing: What It Is, and What It Is Not (Dover Books on Biology)
"My heart always sinks within me when I hear the good housewife, of every class, say, 'I assure you the bed has been well slept in,' and I can only hope it is not true. What? Is the bed already saturated with somebody else's damp before my patient comes to exhale in it his own damp? Has it not had a single chance to be aired? No, not one. It has been slept in every night."
From the best known work of Florence Nightingale (1820-1910), the originator and founder of modern nursing, comes a collection of notes that played an important part in the much needed revolution in the field of nursing. For the first time it was brought to the attention of those caring for the sick that their responsibilities covered not only the administration of medicines and the application of poultices, but the proper use of fresh air, light, warmth, cleanliness, quiet, and the proper selection and administration of diet. Miss Nightingale is outspoken on these subjects as well as on other factors that she considers essential to good nursing. But, whatever her topic,...
- Violencia E Islam
- Nursing Laboratory And Diagnostic Tests DeMYSTiFied
- ECG EN EJEMPLOS. 3ª ED.
- Ritual Power And The Body
- Math Contests, Grades 7 & 8 / Algebra, Course 1: School Years 1991-92 Through 1995-96, Vol. 3
- Stanislavski: The Basics
- Blue Ocean Strategy Concept - Overview & Analysis: Innovate Your Way To Success And Push Your Business To The Next Level
- Explore It!: Reduce Risk And Increase Confidence With Exploratory Testing
- Duke Of Sin (Maiden Lane)
- Cursed (Henning Juul)
- Observation Drawing With Children: A Framework For Teachers
- Das Aktfoto: Ansichten Vom Korper Im Fotographischen Zeitalter : Asthetik, Geschichte, Ideologie (German Edition)
- Nicole C. Mullen - Everyday People
- Cancer Management In Man: Biological Response Modifiers, Chemotherapy, Antibiotics, Hyperthermia, Supporting Measures (Cancer Growth And Progression)
- Basement Design Guide (Better Homes And Gardens Home)
- Nancy Kominsky's Joy Of Oil Painting
- Sacked Coach: Rising From The Ashes In Life And Football
- Before They Pass Away (Small Format Edition)
- Oliver Otter's Own Office (Animal Antics A To Z)
- The Castlemaine Murders: A Phryne Fisher Mystery