Notes On Nursing: What It Is, And What It Is Not (Dover Books On Biology)
Notes on Nursing: What It Is, and What It Is Not (Dover Books on Biology)
"My heart always sinks within me when I hear the good housewife, of every class, say, 'I assure you the bed has been well slept in,' and I can only hope it is not true. What? Is the bed already saturated with somebody else's damp before my patient comes to exhale in it his own damp? Has it not had a single chance to be aired? No, not one. It has been slept in every night."
From the best known work of Florence Nightingale (1820-1910), the originator and founder of modern nursing, comes a collection of notes that played an important part in the much needed revolution in the field of nursing. For the first time it was brought to the attention of those caring for the sick that their responsibilities covered not only the administration of medicines and the application of poultices, but the proper use of fresh air, light, warmth, cleanliness, quiet, and the proper selection and administration of diet. Miss Nightingale is outspoken on these subjects as well as on other factors that she considers essential to good nursing. But, whatever her topic,...
- En El Corazon De La Zona Gris. Una Lectura Etnografica De Los Campos D Auschwitz (Spanish Edition)
- The Martians Have Landed!: A History Of Media-Driven Panics And Hoaxes
- New Directions In Digital Poetry (International Texts In Critical Media Aesthetics)
- Smart Power: Climate Change, The Smart Grid, And The Future Of Electric Utilities
- The Oxford Encyclopaedia Of European Community Law: Volume III: Competition Law And Policy
- Poirot And Me
- Students' Illustrated Historical Geography Of The Holy Land
- Nature In Translation: Japanese Tourism Encounters The Canadian Rockies
- Off The Shelf: Cooking From The Pantry
- Music Manuscript Paper: Mosaic Colorful, Blank Sheet Music Book, Guitar Tab, Musicians Lyrics Notebook, Music Manuscript Paper, Staff Paper, Song ... Songwriting, Music Lovers, 120 Pages 6" X 9"
- How To Write A Song: How To Write Lyrics For Beginners In 24 Hours Or Less!: A Detailed Guide ((Songwriting, Writing Better Lyrics, Writing Melodies, Songwriting Exercises Book 3))
- Commissioning Of Offshore Oil And Gas Projects: The Manager's Handbook
- : The World´s Most Complete Congress Of Ritatin Treatments
- The Focal Easy Guide To Combustion 4: For New Users And Professionals
- The Bootcamp Edition: Tchaikovsky Reverie Op. 39 No. 21
- Key Concepts In Operations Management (SAGE Key Concepts Series)
- Inside The Recording Studio
- Jingle (Swindle #8)
- Carpinteria (CA) (Images Of America)
- Impressionist Painting: Its Genesis And Development (Classic Reprint)