Spanish And Italian Songbooks (English And German Edition)
Spanish and Italian Songbooks (English and German Edition)
In the opinion of many critics, Hugo Wolf (1860–1903) brought the 19th century German lied to its highest development. His more than 300 songs exhibit, in Donald Jay Grout's words, an "infinite variety of fine psychological and musical details." Wolf continued the German Romantic tradition of the solo song with piano accompaniment, while, influenced by Wagner, he sought a new equality of relationship between music and words. The result was an original and dramatic fusion of music and poetry in which neither was sacrificed to the other.
This volume contains two of the composer's most celebrated song collections. The Spanisches Liederbuch of 44 songs — largely religious or erotic — consists of settings of translations from Cervantes, Lope de Vega, and others. The Italienisches Liederbuch comprises 46 songs, full of masterly invention, set to Paul Heyse's polished translations of anonymous Italian poems dating back to the 16th century and earlier.
Reproduced from an authoritative C. F. Peters edition, these songs include many acknowledged masterpieces by a composer often compared to Schumann and Schubert in the quality and quantity of his lieder. Now devotees of art songs, admirers of Wolf's music, or any music lover...
- 200 Recetas Zumos Y Batidos (Spanish Edition)
- Cannabis: A History
- SME Mining Enginering Handbook, Third Edition, Volumes 1 & 2
- Methamphetamine: A Love Story
- But Will The Planet Notice?: How Smart Economics Can Save The World
- The Pharaoh's Secret (The NUMA Files)
- The Editor In Chief: A Management Guide For Magazine Editors
- The Lost Garden (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
- Beginning And Intermediate Algebra With Applications & Visualization, Books A La Carte Edition Plus MyMathLab -- Access Card Package (4th Edition)
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Workplace Bullying In Higher Education
- Wipe Clean: Letters (Wipe Clean Learning Books)
- What Your Travel Agent Won't Tell You: A Checklist For Your Safety Abroad
- Thin For Life: 10 Keys To Success From People Who Have Lost Weight & Kept It Off
- Oakland Noir (Akashic Noir)
- Who Was Charles Darwin?
- LLVM Essentials
- Liz Larner
- English Wood-Engraving 1900-1950
- Down The Rabbit Hole (An Echo Falls Mystery)