Spanish And Italian Songbooks (English And German Edition)
Spanish and Italian Songbooks (English and German Edition)
In the opinion of many critics, Hugo Wolf (1860–1903) brought the 19th century German lied to its highest development. His more than 300 songs exhibit, in Donald Jay Grout's words, an "infinite variety of fine psychological and musical details." Wolf continued the German Romantic tradition of the solo song with piano accompaniment, while, influenced by Wagner, he sought a new equality of relationship between music and words. The result was an original and dramatic fusion of music and poetry in which neither was sacrificed to the other.
This volume contains two of the composer's most celebrated song collections. The Spanisches Liederbuch of 44 songs — largely religious or erotic — consists of settings of translations from Cervantes, Lope de Vega, and others. The Italienisches Liederbuch comprises 46 songs, full of masterly invention, set to Paul Heyse's polished translations of anonymous Italian poems dating back to the 16th century and earlier.
Reproduced from an authoritative C. F. Peters edition, these songs include many acknowledged masterpieces by a composer often compared to Schumann and Schubert in the quality and quantity of his lieder. Now devotees of art songs, admirers of Wolf's music, or any music lover...
- Career Exploration And Development In Childhood: Perspectives From Theory, Practice And Research
- Research Handbook On The Theory And Practice Of International Lawmaking (Research Handbooks In International Law Series)
- Charcoal, Sanguine Crayon, And Chalk: Instruction And Exercises For Drawing And Sketching In Three Popular Artists' Media
- A Tale Of Two Families
- Person-Environment-Behavior Research: Investigating Activities And Experiences In Spaces And Environments
- The Constructivist Leader
- Indestructible (World Around Us)
- Working It: A Love By Design Novel
- God Bless America: For The Benefit Of The Twin Towers Fund
- Travel In Aquatint And Lithography, 1770-1860, From The Library Of J. R. Abbey; A Bibliographical Catalogue.
- The Forsaken: An American Tragedy In Stalin's Russia
- Brain-Friendly Assessments Quick Reference Guide
- Zorro #1: The Mark Of Zorro (Zorro: The Complete Pulp Adventures) (Volume 1)
- San Juan Islands Travel Guide: A Land And Sea Guidebook
- Maple V Language Reference Manual
- Nelson Dominguez
- Attack Of The Journal (Star Wars: Jedi Academy)
- An Urban Geography Of The Roman World, 100 BC To AD 300 (Archaeopress Roman Archaeology)
- The Wearing Of The Green: A History Of St Patrick's Day
- Medieval Art