Complete Lyric Pieces For Piano (Dover Music For Piano)
Complete Lyric Pieces for Piano (Dover Music for Piano)
Between 1867 and 1901, Edvard Grieg (1843–1907) wrote ten sets of little mood pictures for piano that display his great musical gifts at their lyrical best. Charming works of elegant simplicity and warmth, they have become cornerstones of the piano repertoire, favorites of both amateur and professional musicians and their audiences.
This authoritative edition presents all 66 of these piano jewels in one finely made yet inexpensive volume. Although technically uncomplicated and reasonably easy to master, the Lyric Pieces evoke with startling freshness a wide emotional range, often bringing into play the varied moods and idioms of Norwegian folk music, an evergreen source of Grieg's inspiration. They vary in mood from the serene sadness of "Berceuse" and the nostalgic yearning of "To Spring" to the fanciful "Elves' Dance" and the joyful "Wedding Day at Troldhaugen."
In many passages, the music exhibits harmonies that were novel for the time — harmonies recognizably late-romantic in style, but clearly anticipating the impressionism of Debussy, Ravel, and others. Pianists at every level of accomplishment will find this volume of delightful and moving works, reprinted here from the original editions published by C. F. Peters of Leipzig, a...
- Vivian Maier: A Photographer’s Life And Afterlife
- Blank Comic Book:Create Your Own Comics With This Comic Book Journal Notebook: 8.5" X 11" Comic Book With Lots Of Templates (Blank Comic Books) For ... Fun! Great Gift Idea! Draw Your Own Comics.
- Nutcracker Ballet Coloring Book (Dover Holiday Coloring Book)
- Latin Looks: Images Of Latinas And Latinos In The U.s. Media
- Rumi's Little Book Of The Heart
- Thomas Allen: Uncovered
- The Songwriter
- The Baroness: The Search For Nica, The Rebellious Rothschild And Jazz's Secret Muse
- Pure Soapmaking: How To Create Nourishing, Natural Skin Care Soaps
- A Life Well Lived: A Study Of The Book Of Ecclesiastes
- The Lost Art: Volume 2 How To Draw Fantasy Female Faces
- Knowledge And The Flow Of Information
- Modern Japanese Prints, 1912-1989: Woodblocks And Stencils
- My Crazy Inventions Sketchbook: 50 Awesome Drawing Activities For Young Inventors
- Roman Countryside (Debates In Archaeology)
- Life And Practice In The Early Church: A Documentary Reader
- Three-Dimensional Illustration: "Designing With Paper, Clay, Casts, Wood, Assemblage, Plastics, Fabric, Metal An D Food"
- Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey, Guardian, Book 4)
- Does God Ever Sleep?
- Making Master Guitars