Fundamentals Of Musical Acoustics: Second, Revised Edition (Dover Books On Music)
Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics: Second, Revised Edition (Dover Books on Music)
Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics is a landmark book in its field, hailed for its astonishingly clear, delightfully readable statement of everything of acoustical importance to music-making. Though directed primarily to the music student who is taking an acoustics course, it is essential reading for all musicians, music lovers, and audiophiles eager to expand their musical horizons.
The book deals extensively with the fundamental modes of sound production and with the special sound-producing properties of the musical instruments in common use today — keyboard, string, brass, woodwind, and percussion — as well as the human voice. It further explores the critical roles played by the room and by the hearer's auditory apparatus. The basis of scales and harmony and the craft of instrument makers are also discussed in this masterly text, which includes numerous illustrations, bibliographical information, and a stimulating section of "Examples, Experiments, and Questions" at the end of each chapter. After the original publication of this book, Dr. Benade maintained a detailed set of corrections and revisions that have been incorporated into this second, revised edition.
"Comprehensive . . . rigorous . . . well-organized . . . will surely...
- Graphis Advertising Annual 2002
- Field Guide To Urgent And Ambulatory Care Procedures (Field Guide Series)
- Christmas Revels II: Four Regency Novellas
- Who Asked You?
- 150 Problemas De Matemáticas Para Cuarto De Primaria (Tomo 1) (Colección De Problemas Para 4º De Primaria) (Volume 1) (Spanish Edition)
- Social Work With Groups
- Art Directors Annual 84 (v. 84)
- John Henry Newman: Centenary Essays
- Joe Celko's Trees And Hierarchies In SQL For Smarties, Second Edition (The Morgan Kaufmann Series In Data Management Systems)
- All Music Guide To Rock - The Definitive Guide To Rock, Pop, & Soul (3rd, 02) By Bogdanov, Vladimir [Paperback (2002)]
- Transforming High Schools Through RTI: Lessons Learned And A Pathway Forward (Volume 8)
- Regards To The Man In The Moon
- Mujercitos (English And Spanish Edition)
- Showtime Jazz & Blues L1B-2A (Showtime Piano)
- To The Lighthouse
- Programming With POSIX Threads
- International Development And Global Politics: History, Theory And Practice
- Mandolin Chord Encyclopedia: Includes Over 2,660 Chords, 37 Chords In Each Key
- Girl Talk: Mother-Daughter Conversations On Biblical Womanhood