Fundamentals Of Musical Acoustics: Second, Revised Edition (Dover Books On Music)
Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics: Second, Revised Edition (Dover Books on Music)
Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics is a landmark book in its field, hailed for its astonishingly clear, delightfully readable statement of everything of acoustical importance to music-making. Though directed primarily to the music student who is taking an acoustics course, it is essential reading for all musicians, music lovers, and audiophiles eager to expand their musical horizons.
The book deals extensively with the fundamental modes of sound production and with the special sound-producing properties of the musical instruments in common use today — keyboard, string, brass, woodwind, and percussion — as well as the human voice. It further explores the critical roles played by the room and by the hearer's auditory apparatus. The basis of scales and harmony and the craft of instrument makers are also discussed in this masterly text, which includes numerous illustrations, bibliographical information, and a stimulating section of "Examples, Experiments, and Questions" at the end of each chapter. After the original publication of this book, Dr. Benade maintained a detailed set of corrections and revisions that have been incorporated into this second, revised edition.
"Comprehensive . . . rigorous . . . well-organized . . . will surely...
- The Lawyer's Guide To Practice Management Systems Software
- Face Of Betrayal (Triple Threat Series #1)
- Life Word: Discover Your One Word To Leave A Legacy
- Ancient-Future Worship: Proclaiming And Enacting God's Narrative
- Teaching Your Children Sensitivity
- Critical Spatial Practice 5- Ickles, Etc.
- Life Of Sir Henry Parkes, Australian Statesman
- No Direction Home: The Life And Music Of Bob Dylan
- Java Cryptography (Java Series)
- The Girls' Q&A Book On Friendship: 50 Ways To Fix A Friendship Without The DRAMA (The Girls' Q&A Books) (Volume 1)
- Universe: Stars And Galaxies
- Super Scratch Programming Adventure! (Covers Version 2): Learn To Program By Making Cool Games
- With The Clouds Of Heaven: The Book Of Daniel In Biblical Theology (New Studies In Biblical Theology)
- Mountains Of Israel: A Taste Of Heaven
- Intermediate Algebra: Concepts & Applications (9th Edition) (Bittinger Concepts & Applications)
- Admiral Of The Ocean Sea: A Life Of Christopher Columbus
- Josh Groban: E-Z Play Today Volume 287
- Advertising Spot Illustrations Of The Twenties And Thirties: 1,593 Cuts (Dover Pictorial Archive)
- NKJV Large Print Personal Size Reference Bible, Purple LeatherTouch Indexed