Fundamentals Of Musical Acoustics: Second, Revised Edition (Dover Books On Music)
Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics: Second, Revised Edition (Dover Books on Music)
Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics is a landmark book in its field, hailed for its astonishingly clear, delightfully readable statement of everything of acoustical importance to music-making. Though directed primarily to the music student who is taking an acoustics course, it is essential reading for all musicians, music lovers, and audiophiles eager to expand their musical horizons.
The book deals extensively with the fundamental modes of sound production and with the special sound-producing properties of the musical instruments in common use today — keyboard, string, brass, woodwind, and percussion — as well as the human voice. It further explores the critical roles played by the room and by the hearer's auditory apparatus. The basis of scales and harmony and the craft of instrument makers are also discussed in this masterly text, which includes numerous illustrations, bibliographical information, and a stimulating section of "Examples, Experiments, and Questions" at the end of each chapter. After the original publication of this book, Dr. Benade maintained a detailed set of corrections and revisions that have been incorporated into this second, revised edition.
"Comprehensive . . . rigorous . . . well-organized . . . will surely...
- Coreyography: A Memoir
- Diagnostic Molecular Pathology In Practice: A Case-Based Approach
- The Woodblock And The Artist: The Life And Work Of Shiko Munakata
- Gardening: Hydroponics For Self Sufficiency - Vegetables, Herbs, & Berries (Herbs, Berries, Organic Gardening, Canning, Homesteading, Tomatoes, Food Preservation)
- Sheet Pan: Delicious Recipes For Hands-Off Meals
- Aviation Weather Services (2015 Edition): FAA Advisory Circular 00-45G, Change 2 (FAA Handbooks Series)
- Philip Juras: The Southern Frontier: Landscapes Inspired By Bartram's Travels
- The Work Of Dance: Labor, Movement, And Identity In The 1930s
- An Askew View 2: The Films Of Kevin Smith A Revised And Updated Edition
- Take It To Your Seat Literacy Centers, Grade 3-4
- FOLK DANCING.
- 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus (Understanding The Bible Commentary Series)
- The Mermaid And The Minotaur
- Lonely Planet's Best In Travel 2017 (Lonely Planet Best In Travel)
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY HTML
- The Irish General: Thomas Francis Meagher
- Princess Of Glass
- Stink Y Los Tenis Más Apestosos Del Mundo
- What Happens When Women Say Yes To God Interactive Workbook: Experiencing Life In Extraordinary Ways