Sears, Roebuck Catalog Of Houses, 1926: Small Houses Of The Twenties - An Unabridged Reprint
Sears, Roebuck Catalog of Houses, 1926: Small Houses of the Twenties - An Unabridged Reprint
For almost 20 years, Sears, Roebuck and Company purveyed the materials for complete prefabricated houses, providing thousands of Americans with attractive and comfortable low-cost dwellings. Many of these homes are still a common feature in cities and towns across America.
The present volume, a meticulous reproduction of a rare Sears, Roebuck catalog of 1926, provides a thorough, accurate record of the company's "Honor Bilt Modern Homes." Over 300 photographs and illustrations, with full descriptions, offer views of 86 different houses and cottages of widely varying sizes and designs. Readers may recognize familiar architectural styles in designs such as the cozy six-room "Homewood" bungalow or the elegant "Lexington," a nine-room, green-shuttered colonial. Also shown are several room interiors for each of 14 homes, along with photographs and plans for nine garages and a hunter's cabin. In addition to visual documentation, the catalog provides extensive, detailed construction information, ranging from the grade of exterior siding to the type of wood used for flooring, windows, and trim.
An invaluable primary source illustrated for anyone engaged in the study, authentication, or restoration of antique homes or furnishings, this period catalog will...
- Biblia De Jerusalen: Nueva Edicion, Totalmente Revisada (Spanish Edition)
- 1. Kuwait And Kuwait City Travel Reference Map 1:390K/1:15K (International Travel Maps)
- Paterno: By The Book
- Women And The Reformation
- To Tell The Truth Freely: The Life Of Ida B. Wells
- Fundamentals Of American Law
- The Girl With 500 Middle Names
- The Williamsburg Cookbook: Traditional And Contemporary Recipes
- Cultural Anthropology: Appreciating Cultural Diversity
- Burn My Heart
- An Integrated Approach To Constitutional Law (University Casebook Series)
- Official Guide To Legal Specialties (Career Guides)
- A Dream Of Resistance: The Cinema Of Kobayashi Masaki
- The Way It Was: An Irish Immigrant's Adventures That Led Him On His Journey From Ireland To Find His Home.
- Fluid, Electrolyte, And Acid-Base Disorders In Small Animal Practice, 4e (Fluid Therapy In Small Animal Practice)
- Denial Of The Soul: Spiritual And Medical Perspectives On Euthanasia And Mortality
- Entornos Colaborativos En Docencia Virtual: Redes Sociales Y Wiki S
- Essentials Of Anatomy & Physiology Plus MasteringA&P With EText -- Access Card Package (6th Edition)
- Walker Evans: American Photographs: Seventy-Fifth Anniversary Edition