Everyday Fashions Of The Forties As Pictured In Sears Catalogs (Dover Fashion And Costumes)
Everyday Fashions of the Forties As Pictured in Sears Catalogs (Dover Fashion and Costumes)
Few publications illustrate so comprehensively what American men, women, and children wore in the 1940s than the Sears catalogs of those years, when the company's fashions typified the tastes of the American mainstream. This book is a compilation of 122 fully illustrated and captioned pages selected and reproduced from rare copies of Sears catalogs of the World War II era.
Over 120 large-format pages have been carefully reprinted on high-quality glossy stock. They reveal in sharp detail the broad range of clothing fashions available during a period when wartime gasoline rationing made mail-order shopping reach new heights of popularity.
Hundreds of accurately detailed drawings depict articles of clothing and personal accessories, including hats, overcoats, shoes, dresses, sportswear, undergarments, neckties, and more. Styles for children range from play clothes to "Sunday best." Men's clothing reflects the conservativism in male fashions during the period. Women's wear ranges from slacks, newly popular with women in the workforce, to dresses with plenty of "Oomph."
Here is a richly revealing document that historians of costume and readers interested in fashion, social history, and Americana will find endlessly fascinating. JoAnne Olian, curator of the Costume...
- Moleskine 2017 Weekly Notebook, 12M, Large, Scarlet Red, Hard Cover (5 X 8.25)
- Cubase Studio: Educational Edition
- Western Civilization, A Brief History
- Little, Brown Essential Handbook (8th Edition)
- Ready-Set-Learn: Preschool Fun
- Laws Of Communication: The Intersection Where Leadership Meets Employee Performance
- TCP/IP Illustrated: The Implementation, Vol. 2
- Second Touch (A. D. Chronicles, Book 2)
- Differencing The Canon: Feminism And The Writing Of Art's Histories (Revisions, Critical Studies In The History And Theory Of Art)
- Victorian Decorative Letters CD-ROM And Book (Dover Electronic Clip Art)
- Style Guide (Economist Books)
- Organizing And Delegating Super Series, Fifth Edition
- Transforming Homosexuality: What The Bible Says About Sexual Orientation And Change
- Elephant & Piggie Like Reading! The Good For Nothing Button
- LaRose: A Novel
- Between Midnight And Day: The Last Unpublished Blues Archive
- Practical Augmented Reality: A Guide To The Technologies, Applications, And Human Factors For AR And VR (Usability)
- The Bounty: The True Story Of The Mutiny On The Bounty
- Bundle: Essentials Of Business Communication, Loose-Leaf Version, 10th + Premium Website, 1 Term (6 Months) Printed Access Card + Aplia™, 1 Term Printed Access Card