Origami From Angelfish To Zen (Dover Origami Papercraft)
Origami from Angelfish to Zen (Dover Origami Papercraft)
"This splendidly written, richly illustrated book is unlike any ever written about origami" — Martin Gardner
"Filled with provocative ideas and unexpected connections . . . truly inspirational." — Milton Glaser
In this extraordinary book, Peter Engel, one of the America's most celebrated origami artists, explores the secrets of Japanese paperfolding and explains how to create complex animals and objects from simple squares of paper.
The book begins with a clear and concise introduction to the terminology and basic techniques of paperfolding. Then, in a fact-filled exposition of origami's history and theory — including an extraordinary interview with Japan's legendary master, Akira Yoshizawa — the author, a writer and architect, explores origami's links with mathematics, art, philosophy, and nature.
Challenging paperfolders to turn a "mute, geometric shape into a recognizable figure," the author provides clear, step-by-step instructions for 24 delightful projects of his own creations. His designs of simple fish and birds are easy to make. Others, including mammals and insects, use original techniques and pose a greater challenge. Among the models you'll learn to construct are an angelfish, hummingbird, penguin, giraffe, kangaroo, centipede, alligator, reindeer, elephant, butterfly, and knight on horseback. A photograph depicts each...
- Transformative Imagery: Cultivating The Imagination For Healing, Change And Growth
- Guided By Voices: A Brief History: Twenty-One Years Of Hunting Accidents In The Forests Of Rock And Roll
- Slavery, Antislavery And The Underground Railroad; A Dutchess County Guide
- Addition And Subtraction: Beyond Math Facts
- Waiting For Lefty.
- My Heart Rocks
- Literacy In Early Modern Europe: Its Growth, Uses And Impact, 1500-1800
- George Michael: The Life: 1963-2016
- Hofzinser's Card Conjuring
- Master The Art Of Speed Painting: Digital Painting Techniques
- The Me, Me, Me Epidemic: A Step-by-Step Guide To Raising Capable, Grateful Kids In An Over-Entitled World
- Words Of Westernesse: Tolkien's Languages Of Men And Hobbits
- The Bar And Beverage Book, 5th Edition
- Reagan: The Life
- Debating The War Of Ideas
- Teach Yourself To Play Blues Harmonica: Book & CD
- Counterpublics And The State (Suny Series In Communication Studies)
- Wake Me Up When The Data Is Over: How Organizations Use Stories To Drive Results
- Curriculum Development: A Guide To Practice (8th Edition)
- The 100 Greatest Americans Of The 20th Century: A Social Justice Hall Of Fame