Moroccan Silk Designs In Full Color (Dover Pictorial Archive)
Moroccan Silk Designs in Full Color (Dover Pictorial Archive)
Gathered from a rare French portfolio, here are 59 exquisite, royalty-free motifs — mainly florals and foliates — incorporating Romanesque, Byzantine, Persian, Far Eastern, and traditional Moroccan motifs.
Fès (Fez), one of the oldest and most important cities in Morocco, has long been a center for the practice of Islamic crafts, including brasswork, leatherwork, pottery, textiles, and embroidery. Among the most admired textiles produced in the city are the ornamental belts women wear under their caftans on festive occasions. Originally the designs were simple and the colors somber, but over the years the complexity of design increased and the colors became more flamboyant. One startling effect is the sudden change of coloration of a pattern in the same belt, as shown in several of the plates included here. In some instances, there is a sudden discontinuity of pattern within one woven fabric; in others, two patterns from two fabrics sewn together.
At the center of commerce in the Near East, Fès was subject to many influences, some of which — including Romanesque, Byzantine, Persian, Rhodian, and Far Eastern textiles — are reflected in these designs. Two motifs are typically Moroccan: a combination of...
- Ganar A Cualquier Precio
- Economix: How Our Economy Works (and Doesn't Work), In Words And Pictures
- The Walking Dead En Espanol, Tomo 1: Dias Pasados (Walking Dead (6 Stories))
- Great Streets (MIT Press)
- Product Stewardship: Life Cycle Analysis And The Environment
- Leadership Agility: Five Levels Of Mastery For Anticipating And Initiating Change
- Too Big To Fail: The Inside Story Of How Wall Street And Washington Fought To Save The Financial System---and Themselves
- Northern Forest Canoe Trail Map 7, Great North Woods: New Hampshire: Connecticut River To Umbagog Lake (Northern Forest Canoe Trail Maps)
- Consumer Credit Models: Pricing, Profit And Portfolios
- The Complete DADGAD Guitar Method: The Essential DADGAD Course For Acoustic And Electric Guitar
- Graphic Style: From Victorian To New Century
- City Dog, Country Frog
- Mechanical Measurements (6th Edition)
- Fanciful Faces Coloring Book (Creative Haven)
- Under Construction: The Gendering Of Modernity, Class, And Consumption In The Republic Of Korea
- Consciousness Speaks: Conversations With Ramesh S. Balsekar
- Top 10 Berlin (Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide)
- The Little Book Of Business Cards: Successful Designs And How To Create Them
- The Mosaics Of Khirbet El-Mafjar: Hisham's Palace