Joshua By The Sea
Joshua By The Sea
Joshua goes to the shore with his family. On board pages.
From School Library Journal
PreS--These titles are characteristic of Johnson's earlier books in their emphasis on warm, loving relationships in an African American family. In Joshua by the Sea, a young boy enjoys a day at the beach with his family; in Joshua's Night Whispers, he seeks comfort from his father when he wakes up in the middle of the night; in Mama Bird, the child discovers a nest of baby birds with his sister; and in Rain Feet he splashes through puddles in a yellow slicker and boots. The pastel watercolor illustrations that fill each double-page spread are cozy and soothing, and the language is rhythmic and quietly reassuring. Solid choices to enhance any board-book collection.
Emily Kutler, Summit Free Public Library, NJ
Copyright 1995 Cahners Business Information, Inc.
About the Author
- The Better Bladder Book: A Holistic Approach To Healing Interstitial Cystitis And Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Notes Of Debates In The Federal Convention Of 1787
- Bountiful Harvest. 19th-Century California Still Life Painting
- Semiconductor Devices: Physics And Technology
- Chord Studies For Electric Bass: Guitar Technique (Workshop (Berklee Press))
- Leadership In America's Best Urban Schools
- Occult Bibliography: An Annotated List Of Books Published In English, 1971 Through 1975
- Sam Walton: Made In America
- Welcome To The Club: 100 Parenting Milestones You Never Saw Coming
- The Great Transformation: The Beginning Of Our Religious Traditions
- The Reaper's Garden: Death And Power In The World Of Atlantic Slavery
- A Companion To Dada And Surrealism (Blackwell Companions To Art History)
- The Red Nichols Story: After Intermission, 1942-1965 (Studies In Jazz)
- Bedtime Peekaboo!
- Oxford Latin Course: Part III (2nd Edition)
- Stitched Temple Journal, Gray (Diary, Notebook)
- The Trouble With Normal: Sex, Politics, And The Ethics Of Queer Life
- Marc Davis: Walt Disney's Renaissance Man (Disney Editions Deluxe)
- Introduction To Reliable And Secure Distributed Programming