Joshua By The Sea
Joshua By The Sea
Joshua goes to the shore with his family. On board pages.
From School Library Journal
PreS--These titles are characteristic of Johnson's earlier books in their emphasis on warm, loving relationships in an African American family. In Joshua by the Sea, a young boy enjoys a day at the beach with his family; in Joshua's Night Whispers, he seeks comfort from his father when he wakes up in the middle of the night; in Mama Bird, the child discovers a nest of baby birds with his sister; and in Rain Feet he splashes through puddles in a yellow slicker and boots. The pastel watercolor illustrations that fill each double-page spread are cozy and soothing, and the language is rhythmic and quietly reassuring. Solid choices to enhance any board-book collection.
Emily Kutler, Summit Free Public Library, NJ
Copyright 1995 Cahners Business Information, Inc.
About the Author
- Learning Cherokee Ways - The Ywahoo Path
- Conversation Tactics: Strategies To Command Social Situations (Book 3): Wittines
- How To Be A Record Producer In The Digital Era
- Breaking The Missional Code: Your Church Can Become A Missionary In Your Community
- One Year Book Of Josh McDowell's Family Devotions 2 (Beyond Belief Campaign)
- The Truth Sets Women Free: 25 Tough Questions About Women And The Church
- Convair Class VF Convoy Fighter: The Original Proposal For The XFY-1 Pogo
- Shared By The Barbarians
- Routledge Handbook Of Public Diplomacy
- Hands Of Light: A Guide To Healing Through The Human Energy Field
- Basics Of Engineering Economy (Irwin Industrial Engineering)
- Anthology Of Twentieth-Century British And Irish Poetry
- Atlas De Islas Remotas
- Design-It-Yourself: Logos, Letterheads, And Business Cards, Newsletters
- " Solution-Focused Counseling In Schools"
- The Prepper's Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, And Store Your Most Vital Resource
- Michael Symon's Carnivore: 120 Recipes For Meat Lovers
- A Life At Work: The Joy Of Discovering What You Were Born To Do
- Style Diaries: World Fashion From Berlin To Tokyo
- Relational Aesthetics