The Patron Saint Of Ugly
The Patron Saint of Ugly
Her grandmother, the indelible Nonna Diamante, believes that Garnet’s mystical gift can be traced back to the family’s origins in the Nebrodi Mountains of Sicily, and now the Vatican has sent an emissary to Sweetwater to investigate. Garnet, wanting nothing more than to debunk this “gift” and send these desperate souls packing, reaches back into her family’s tangled past and unspools for the Church a tale of love triangles on the shores of the Messina Strait; a sad, beautiful maiden’s gilded-cage childhood in blueblood Virginia; and the angelic, doomed boy Garnet could not protect.
Saint or not, Garnet learns that the line between reality and...
- The Perplexity Of A Muslim Woman: Over Inheritance, Marriage, And Homosexuality
- Beyond Canning: New Techniques, Ingredients, And Flavors To Preserve, Pickle, And Ferment Like Never Before
- Spectrum 9: The Best In Contemporary Fantastic Art
- Dynamics Of American Political Parties
- Reconsidering Sex Crimes And Offenders: Prosecution Or Persecution?
- Online Business From Scratch: Launch Your Own Seven-Figure Internet Business By Creating And Selling Information Online
- Beautiful Mandalas: Inspire Your Creativity And Reduce Stress With Coloring Meditation (Volume 2)
- Missing The Boat: The Failure To Internationalize American Higher Education
- In Parables: The Challenge Of The Historical Jesus (Eagle Books)
- Wittgenstein: A Bibliographical Guide
- Saint Germain On Alchemy
- A World Of Ideas: Essential Readings For College Writers
- The Remaining: Aftermath
- Strike Zone: A Dreamland Thriller
- Plessy V. Ferguson: A Brief History With Documents
- Why The Grateful Dead Matter
- Songs Upon The Rivers: The Buried History Of The French-Speaking Canadiens And Métis From The Great Lakes And The Mississippi Across To The Pacific
- Scouting Deportivo: Metodología, Scouting Y Coaching (Spanish Edition)
- Fifty Contemporary Choreographers (Routledge Key Guides)
- A Grief Observed