Animals Make Us Human: Creating The Best Life For Animals
Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals
The best-selling animal advocate Temple Grandin offers the most exciting exploration of how animals feel since The Hidden Life of Dogs.
In her groundbreaking and best-selling book Animals in Translation, Temple Grandin drew on her own experience with autism as well as her distinguished career as an animal scientist to deliver extraordinary insights into how animals think, act, and feel. Now she builds on those insights to show us how to give our animals the best and happiest life—on their terms, not ours.
It’s usually easy to pinpoint the cause of physical pain in animals, but to know what is causing them emotional distress is much harder. Drawing on the latest research and her own work, Grandin identifies the core emotional needs of animals. Then she explains how to fulfill them for dogs and cats, horses, farm animals, and zoo animals. Whether it’s how to make the healthiest environment for the dog you must leave alone most of the day, how to keep pigs from being bored, or how to know if the lion pacing in the zoo is miserable or just exercising, Grandin teaches us...
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Florida
- Barefoot Running Step By Step: Barefoot Ken Bob, The Guru Of Shoeless Running, Shares His Personal Technique For Running With More Speed, Less Impact, Fewer Injuries And More Fun
- Seize The Story: A Handbook For Teens Who Like To Write
- Hidden Pictures, Grades 4 - 6: Explore Hidden Treasures In God's Word (Fun Faith-Builders)
- May B.
- Women Composers - A Heritage Of Song: The Vocal Library Low Voice
- Water Media Processes And Possibilities
- Data Mining For Business Analytics: Concepts, Techniques, And Applications With JMP Pro
- Parsifal: Vocal Score
- Home To Holly Springs
- Fuente Ovejuna (COLECCION LETRAS HISPANICAS) (Spanish Edition)
- Saxon Math Intermediate 4, Vol. 2, Teacher's Manual
- Special Populations In Gifted Education: Understanding Our Most Able Students From Diverse Backgrounds
- Pocket Music Notebook
- Gatekeeping Theory
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: France
- Kansas Trees & Wildflowers: A Folding Pocket Guide To Familiar Species (A Pocket Naturalist Guide)
- Psychopath Free (Expanded Edition): Recovering From Emotionally Abusive Relationships With Narcissists, Sociopaths, And Other Toxic People
- New Perspectives On Blended HTML And CSS Fundamentals: Introductory
- My MacOS