Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars.
Now, he's sure he'll be the first person to die there.
After a dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate while thinking him dead, Mark finds himself stranded and completely alone with no way to even signal Earth that he’s alive—and even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone long before a rescue could arrive.
Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to kill him first.
But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills—and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit—he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. Will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?
8 Tips for Surviving on Mars from Andy Weir
So you want to live on Mars. Perhaps it’s the rugged terrain, beautiful scenery, or vast natural landscape that appeals to you. Or maybe you’re just a lunatic who wants to survive in a...
- The Chickpea Flour Cookbook: Healthy Gluten-Free And Grain-Free Recipes To Power Every Meal Of The Day
- Secret St. Louis: A Guide To The Weird, Wonderful, And Obscure
- Figure: How To Draw And Paint The Figure With Impact
- The Safest Place In The World: Personal History Of British Rhythm And Blues
- The Chopin Companion: Profiles Of The Man And The Musician (Norton Library, N668)
- The Dance Notebook: An Illustrated Journal With Quotes
- Tennessee's John Wilder: The Longest Tenured State Legislator In Tennessee History
- The Journey Through Wales And The Description Of Wales (Penguin Classics)
- Economics Of Strategy
- Trout From Small Streams
- New York Days
- The Atelier Project: Conversations About Creativity
- Wild Planet: Celebrating Wildlife Photographer Of The Year
- The Technology M&A Guidebook
- Creepy Creatures: Stick Insects
- Fundamental Ephemeris Computations: For Use With JPL Data
- A Brief History Of Album Covers (Music Guides)
- Israeli F-15 Eagle Units In Combat (Combat Aircraft)
- Saundarya Lahari Of Sri Sankaracarya