Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars.
Now, he's sure he'll be the first person to die there.
After a dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate while thinking him dead, Mark finds himself stranded and completely alone with no way to even signal Earth that he’s alive—and even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone long before a rescue could arrive.
Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to kill him first.
But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills—and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit—he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. Will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?
8 Tips for Surviving on Mars from Andy Weir
So you want to live on Mars. Perhaps it’s the rugged terrain, beautiful scenery, or vast natural landscape that appeals to you. Or maybe you’re just a lunatic who wants to survive in a...
- Programming In Python 3: A Complete Introduction To The Python Language (2nd Edition)
- Juan Y Las Habichuelas
- 8 Practice Tests For The SAT 2018: 1,200+ SAT Practice Questions (Kaplan Test Prep)
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Handbook
- Cloud Data Centers And Cost Modeling: A Complete Guide To Planning, Designing And Building A Cloud Data Center
- Good Times, Bad Times: Led Zeppelin
- Cuba Libre. Vivir Y Escribir En La Habana (Spanish Edition)
- Pharmacotherapy Principles And Practice Study Guide, Fourth Edition (Pharmacy)
- Test Success: Test-Taking Techniques For Beginning Nursing Students
- No One
- La Fragmentación De Yugoslavia
- Monster Planet: A Zombie Novel
- Sustainable Materials, Processes And Production (The Manufacturing Guides)
- Legacy Of Ashes: The History Of The CIA
- English Society In The Eighteenth Century, Second Edition (The Penguin Social History Of Britain)
- The Truth About Geronimo
- Elementary Survey Sampling
- The University Of South Carolina (SC) (Campus History Series)
- Atmospheric Chemistry And Physics: From Air Pollution To Climate Change
- Arsenic And Young Lacy: A Marcia Banks And Buddy Mystery (The Marcia Banks And Buddy Mysteries) (Volume 2)