Intellectual Property And Open Source: A Practical Guide To Protecting Code
Intellectual Property and Open Source: A Practical Guide to Protecting Code
"Clear, correct, and deep, this is a welcome addition to discussions of law and computing for anyone -- even lawyers!" -- Lawrence Lessig, Professor of Law at Stanford Law School and founder of the Stanford Center for Internet and Society If you work in information technology, intellectual property is central to your job -- but dealing with the complexities of the legal system can be mind-boggling. This book is for anyone who wants to understand how the legal system deals with intellectual property rights for code and other content. You'll get a clear look at intellectual property issues from a developer's point of view, including practical advice about situations you're likely to encounter. Written by an intellectual property attorney who is also a programmer, Intellectual Property and Open Source helps you understand patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and licenses, with special focus on the issues surrounding open source development and the Gpl. This book answers questions such as:
- How do open source and intellectual property work together?
- What are the most important intellectual property-related issues when starting a business or open source project?
- How should you handle copyright,...
- Mission Smart: 15 Critical Questions To Ask Before Launching Overseas
- Catalunya (English, Catalan And Spanish Edition)
- 1098*5.FRASES CELEBRES DE NIÑOS 3:EL HORMIGUERO
- Let Us Prey (Gotcha Detective Agency)
- Beyonce (Hip-Hop Biographies)
- Treasury Of Norse Mythology: Stories Of Intrigue, Trickery, Love, And Revenge
- Running The Maze: A Sniper Novel (Kyle Swanson Sniper Novels)
- The Mommy Shorts Guide To Remarkably Average Parenting
- Rediscover Lent
- Memories The Autobiography Of Ralph Emery
- Juan Belmonte, Matador De Toros: Su Vida Y Sus Hazañas (Libros Del Asteroide) (Spanish Edition)
- Experiencing David Bowie: A Listener's Companion
- Acid-Base And Electrolyte Handbook For Veterinary Technicians
- Computer Orchestration Tips And Tricks
- Who Was Abraham Lincoln?
- Retina: Color Atlas And Synopsis Of Clinical Ophthalmology (Wills Eye Series)
- Holt Science & Technology: Electricity And Magnetism Short Course N
- A Gambler’s Instinct: The Story Of Broadway Producer Cheryl Crawford (Theater In The Americas)
- The Prince Of Egypt: Piano, Vocal, Guitar
- The Boston Girl: A Novel