Art In Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology Of Changing Ideas
Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
This popular anthology of twentieth-century art theoretical texts has now been expanded to take account of new research, and to include significant contributions to art theory from the 1990s.
- New edition of this popular anthology of twentieth-century art-theoretical texts.
- Now updated to include the results of new research, together with significant contributions from the 1990s.
- Includes writings by critics, philosophers, politicians and literary figures.
- The editors provide contextual introductions to 340 texts.
- Complements Art in Theory 1648-1815 and Art in Theory 1815-1900 to create a complete survey of the theories underpinning the development of art in the modern period.
"Occasionally one comes across a book that is at once compelling and frightening, a book that excites and disorientates, a book with intimations of the sublime. Art in Theory is such a book. An indispensable source book." (Arlis News-Sheet)
From the Back Cover
Since it was first published in 1992, this book has become one of the leading anthologies of art theoretical texts in the English-speaking world. This expanded edition includes the fruits of recent research, involving a considerable amount...