The Last Heiress
The Last Heiress
Bestselling author Mary Ellis (A Widow's Hope) presents The Last Heiress, a new romantic standalone that intertwines the lives of a British manufacturing heiress and an American merchant caught in the turbulent time of the War Between the States.
Amanda Dunn set sail from England for Wilmington, North Carolina, hoping to somehow restore shipments of cotton for her family's textile mills, which have been severely disrupted by the American Civil War. But when she meets Nathaniel Cooper, her desire to conduct business and quickly return to England changes.
Amanda's family across the sea deems the hardworking merchant unsuitable for the lovey and accomplished heiress. And when Nate himself begins to draw away, Amanda has her own battle for a happy future on her hands.
As the War Between the States heats up, Nate's brother, a Confederate officer, comes for a visit. Nate begins to think about joining up—not in support of slavery but to watch his brother's back. Yet will this potentially life-changing decision put the union between him and Amanda she so wishes for in jeopardy?
"Mary Ellis at her best."
—Pegg Thomas, TheSheepishScribe.blogspot.com
"Mary Ellis just keeps getting better...
- Modern Pastoral: Bring The Tranquility Of Nature Into Your Home
- 2017 Clinical Coding Workout With Partial Online Answer: Practice Exercises For Skill Development
- Resonancia Magnetica: Torax, Abdomen Y Pelvis. Aplicaciones Clinicas (Spanish Edition)
- El Mago De Esmirna (Spanish Edition)
- The Kitchen Diva! The New African-American Kitchen
- Fallin' For A Thug 3: The Finale (Volume 3)
- Wood Bending Made Simple (Made Simple (Taunton Press))
- Tape Music Composition
- British Mark IV Tank (New Vanguard, Vol. 133)
- Plain Style: Techniques For Simple, Concise, Emphatic Business Writing
- Beyond Limits (Tracers)
- Indexes: A Chapter From The Chicago Manual Of Style, 16th Ed.
- Psychotic Reactions And Carburetor Dung: The Work Of A Legendary Critic: Rock'N'Roll As Literature And Literature As Rock 'N'Roll
- Unicorn Sketchbook: 8.5" X 11", Personalized Sketchbook, 100 Pages, Durable Soft Cover, Drawing Notebook (Magical Stars Rainbow Unicorn)
- Striped Shirts And Flowered Pants: A Story About Alzheimer's Disease For Young Children
- Ancient Post-Flood History: Historical Documents That Point To Biblical Creation
- West African Drumming And Dance In North American Universities: An Ethnomusicological Perspective
- Revitalizing Curriculum Leadership: Inspiring And Empowering Your School Community
- Commonwealth Caribbean Company Law (Commonwealth Caribbean Law)
- The Chicago Imagist Print: Ten Artists' Works, 1958-1987: A Catalogue Raisonne