The Last Heiress
The Last Heiress
Bestselling author Mary Ellis (A Widow's Hope) presents The Last Heiress, a new romantic standalone that intertwines the lives of a British manufacturing heiress and an American merchant caught in the turbulent time of the War Between the States.
Amanda Dunn set sail from England for Wilmington, North Carolina, hoping to somehow restore shipments of cotton for her family's textile mills, which have been severely disrupted by the American Civil War. But when she meets Nathaniel Cooper, her desire to conduct business and quickly return to England changes.
Amanda's family across the sea deems the hardworking merchant unsuitable for the lovey and accomplished heiress. And when Nate himself begins to draw away, Amanda has her own battle for a happy future on her hands.
As the War Between the States heats up, Nate's brother, a Confederate officer, comes for a visit. Nate begins to think about joining up—not in support of slavery but to watch his brother's back. Yet will this potentially life-changing decision put the union between him and Amanda she so wishes for in jeopardy?
"Mary Ellis at her best."
—Pegg Thomas, TheSheepishScribe.blogspot.com
"Mary Ellis just keeps getting better...
- Teaching Children To Draw: Second Edition
- USS Intrepid (CV 11) (Warship's Data 4)
- Holt Geometry: Know-It Notebook
- Under The Skin: A Psychoanalytic Study Of Body Modification (The New Library Of Psychoanalysis 'Beyond The Couch' Series)
- Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice
- The Complete Gilbert & Sullivan: Librettos From All Fourteen Operettas (Complete & Unabridged)
- My Own Keepsake Bible: A Kids Bible Storybook To Color
- Deutsche Gedichte, Eine Anthologie (German Edition)
- Knowledge Production, Pedagogy, And Institutions In Colonial India (Palgrave Studies In Cultural And Intellectual History)
- The Release Of The Spirit
- They Were White And They Were Slaves: The Untold History Of The Enslavement Of Whites In Early America
- Introduction To Business, Student Edition (BROWN: INTRO TO BUSINESS)
- Research Methods In Applied Behavior Analysis
- The Scripture On The Explication Of Underlying Meaning (BDK English Tripitaka)
- Mastering Communication At Work: How To Lead, Manage, And Influence (Business Books)
- Downtown 1: Audio CDs (2)
- Potencia Tu Vida Sexual : Consejos De Un MAÂ©dico
- Ratings Analysis: Audience Measurement And Analytics (Routledge Communication Series)