The Cancer Stage Of Capitalism: From Crisis To Cure
The Cancer Stage of Capitalism: From Crisis to Cure
The Cancer Stage of Capitalism is a modern classic of critical philosophy and political economy, renowned for its depth and comprehensive research. It provides a step by step diagnosis of the continuing economic collapse in the US and Europe and has had an enormous influence on new visions of economic alternatives.
John McMurtry argues that our world disorder of unending crises is the predictable result of a cancerous economic system multiplying out of all control and destroying ecological, social and organic life - a process he describes as 'global ecogenocide'. In this updated edition he explains the ‘social immune response’ required to fight the ‘macro cancer’, something which has already been shown in developments such as the Occupy movement and the democratic social transformation of Latin America.
In an official global culture increasingly destructive of life, this book shows the necessity and possibility of building a sustainable society based on a universal commitment to life and nature.
- Se Suspende La Funcion (Spanish Edition)
- 2009 International Residential Code Study Companion (International Code Council Series)
- Essential Guide To General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: The Mattis Way Of War, An Examination Of Operational Art In Task Force 58 And 1st Marine Division, Overextended Example Of Effects-Based Operations
- Ozzy Osbourne: The Complete Set With CD (Audio)
- Data Analytics With Hadoop: An Introduction For Data Scientists
- Cross The Water Blues: African American Music In Europe (American Made Music Series)
- Nature And Culture: American Landscape And Painting, 1825-1875, With A New Preface
- Harmony And Voice Leading Volume 1 Second Edition
- Modern Slavery: A Beginner's Guide (Beginner's Guides)
- At The Existentialist Café: Freedom, Being, And Apricot Cocktails With Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone De Beauvoir, Albert Camus, Martin Heidegger, Maurice Merleau-Ponty And Others
- Masterclass: Graphic Design: Guide To The World's Leading Graduate Schools
- A Biographical Dictionary Of Actors, Volume 16, W. West To Zwingman: Actresses, Musicians, Dancers, Managers, And Other Stage Personnel In London, ... Dictionary Of Actors & Actresses, 1660-1800)
- The Master Artists Adult Coloring Book: Book IV - The Great Landscapes
- Valentino: Themes And Variations
- The First Bird (Matt Kearns)
- The Gestapo: Power And Terror In The Third Reich
- The Magic Whip
- Exploring Adobe Illustrator CS6 (Adobe CS6)
- Dream Catcher: A Memoir