Maritime Logistics: A Guide To Contemporary Shipping And Port Management
Maritime Logistics: A Guide to Contemporary Shipping and Port Management
Globalization and the rapid increase in world trade in the past decade have contributed to greater demand for international transport and logistics and, consequently, the expansion of the maritime industry. The dramatic changes in the mode of world trade and cargo transportation make it more important than ever to have a clear understanding of the way in which freight is transported by sea and the role of ports in this exchange.
Maritime Logistics examines the latest development, knowledge, and practices taking place in logistics and supply chains within the port and shipping industry. In this revised edition there are new chapters on port-centric logistics in concept and practice, hinterland logistics and global supply chains, maritime transport and logistics as a trade facilitator, and future trends and developments.
Written by a team of international experts, who provide a truly global perspective on this increasingly key area of logistics, the book covers everything that students of logistics, as well as those working within the industry should know and understand, including shipping lines, dry bulk, and port-centric logistics.
- George Lucas: A Life
- Administrative Law And Process (2014)
- Management Worldwide: Distinctive Styles Among Globalization (Penguin Business)
- Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards: With Online Student Consult Access, 3e (Netter Basic Science)
- Security Supervision And Management, Third Edition: The Theory And Practice Of Asset Protection
- Strong In The Rain: Surviving Japan's Earthquake, Tsunami, And Fukushima Nuclear Disaster
- PostSecret: Confessions On Life, Death, And God
- Bark Until Heard: Among The Silenced Dogs, I Found My Voice
- Experimental Archaeology: A Science For Studying Native American Prehistoric Technology
- Soap And Cosmetic Labeling: How To Follow The Rules And Regs Explained In Plain English
- Encyclopedia Of The Fourth Amendment
- Modeling With Mathematics: Authentic Problem Solving In Middle School
- SPIELBUCH II XYLOPHONE (2 PLAYERS)
- Sports Illustrated NFL Quarterback [QB]: The Greatest Position In Sports
- Sam Peckinpah: If They Move...Kill 'em!
- Unlock Your Bible: The Key To Understanding And Applying The Scriptures In Your
- The Orphaned Adult: Understanding And Coping With Grief And Change After The Death Of Our Parents
- Mechanical Engineering: Principles Of Armament Design
- Phoneme-Based Speech Segmentation Using Hybrid Soft Computing Framework (Studies In Computational Intelligence)
- Functions And Change: A Modeling Approach To College Algebra