Maritime Logistics: A Guide To Contemporary Shipping And Port Management
Maritime Logistics: A Guide to Contemporary Shipping and Port Management
Globalization and the rapid increase in world trade in the past decade have contributed to greater demand for international transport and logistics and, consequently, the expansion of the maritime industry. The dramatic changes in the mode of world trade and cargo transportation make it more important than ever to have a clear understanding of the way in which freight is transported by sea and the role of ports in this exchange.
Maritime Logistics examines the latest development, knowledge, and practices taking place in logistics and supply chains within the port and shipping industry. In this revised edition there are new chapters on port-centric logistics in concept and practice, hinterland logistics and global supply chains, maritime transport and logistics as a trade facilitator, and future trends and developments.
Written by a team of international experts, who provide a truly global perspective on this increasingly key area of logistics, the book covers everything that students of logistics, as well as those working within the industry should know and understand, including shipping lines, dry bulk, and port-centric logistics.
- Who Is George Lucas? (Who Was?)
- Archives Looseleaf Xerographic Manuscript Paper, 10 Stave, 50 Pages
- Intimate Communion: Awakening Your Sexual Essence
- Esgrima Japonesa: Los Secretos Del Samurai
- The Complete Poems Of Emily Bronte
- Where Is Easter Island?
- School-Community Relations
- Fundamentals Of Epidemiology And Biostatistics
- The Manager's Dilemma: Balancing The Inverse Equation Of Increasing Demands And Shrinking Resources
- The Eternal Paddy: Irish Identity And The British Press, 1798–1882 (History Of Ireland & The Irish Diaspora)
- Color With Me: Doodles Coloring Book (Doodles Coloring And Art Book Series)
- The Hispanic 100: A Ranking Of The Latino Men And Women Who Have Most Influenced American Thoughtand Culture
- Farm Animals (My First Discoveries)
- . . . If You Lived At The Time Of Martin Luther King
- The Artistic Touch 4 (Artistic Touch Series)
- Signs Preceding The End Of The World
- Anthropology Of Humor And Laughter
- Microwave Receivers With Electronic Warfare Applications
- A System Of Notation For The Modern Dance,
- Soundtrack Of The Revolution: The Politics Of Music In Iran (Stanford Studies In Middle Eastern And Islamic Societies And Cultures)