Hope: A Collection Of Obama Posters And Prints
Hope: A Collection of Obama Posters and Prints
Winner, Benjamin Franklin Award™ (Independent Book Publishers Association), Political/Current Events category
In Hope: A Collection of Obama Posters and Prints, Kansas City Art Institute professor Hal Elliott Wert unveils one of the largest Barack Obama campaign poster collections in existence. This is a collection to be treasured by everyone who was inspired and mobilized by the Obama campaign.
Among the unique features of this landmark book:
- More than 170 posters from Hal Wert’s personal collection
- A Catalog of Posters and Prints with background information on each featured piece
- The social and political context of the Obama poster movement and its place in the history of American presidential campaign art
- Foreword by Ray Noland, the street artist credited with starting the nationwide guerrilla poster movement in support of Obama
- The interior of the dust jacket folds out into a full-color reproduction of artist David Choe’s Hope poster
A portion of this book’s proceeds fund the National Art Education Association.
Wert, a professor at the Kansas City Art Institute who has made campaign art a specialty, collected 160 Obama posters created across the country during the 2008 presidential campaign in a...