MAD's Greatest Artists: Mort Drucker: Five Decades Of His Finest Works
MAD's Greatest Artists: Mort Drucker: Five Decades of His Finest Works
A contributor to MAD since its earliest years of the fabled Humor magazine, Mort Drucker is recognized throughout the art world as one of the greatest caricaturists of the twentieth century.
He has won numerous awards and honors including the National Cartoonists Society's prestigious Reuben Award, the Will Eisner Hall of Fame Award, and an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree from the Art Institute of Boston.
Drucker's most famous features are his movie and television satires. From The Godfather to Star Wars, and from Hulk Hogan to Woody Allen, he has captured our culture's most popular characters with one master stroke after another. Michael J. Fox once told Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show that he knew he had made it when Mort Drucker drew his caricature in MAD. And George Lucas personally traveled to Drucker's Long Island home to convince him to illustrate the poster for American Graffiti.
Drucker's greatest MAD works are collected here for the first time ever, hand-picked by the artist himself. It is a celebration that has been more than 55 years in the making!
"Mort Drucker's timely sense...
- Puzzle Palooza: Solve Cool Crosswords, Wild Word Games, Surprising Searches, And More! (American Girl)
- Just For One Day: Adventures In Britpop
- 20Th-Century Composers: Jean Sibelius
- Fundamentals Of Trusts And Estates, 4th Edition
- Data Analysis And Decision Making
- Chants Of Belial
- Paul Whiteman: Pioneer In American Music, 1930-1967 (Studies In Jazz)
- An Introduction To The Bootstrap (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs On Statistics & Applied Probability)
- Factores Humanos Y Seguridad Operacional (Spanish Edition)
- Celtic From The West 2: Rethinking The Bronze Age And The Arrival Of Indo-European In Atlantic Europe (Celtic Studies Publications)
- Hiking The Columbia River Gorge, 2nd (Regional Hiking Series)
- Controlling Your Drinking, Second Edition: Tools To Make Moderation Work For You
- After This: When Life Is Over, Where Do We Go?
- Reading, Understanding, And Applying Nursing Research
- Renoir: His Life And Works In 500 Images: An Illustrated Exlporation Of The Artist, His Life And Context, With A Gallery Of 300 Of His Greatest Works
- Mike Mulligan And His Steam Shovel 75th Anniversary
- The Failure Of Political Islam
- Graffiti Coloring Book 2: Characters
- Celebrity In Death (In Death Series)
- Practical Transfusion Medicine For The Small Animal Practitioner (Made Easy Series)