The Art Of Political Murder: Who Killed The Bishop?
The Art of Political Murder: Who Killed the Bishop?
Bishop Juan Gerardi, Guatemala’s leading human rights activist, was bludgeoned to death in his garage on a Sunday night in 1998, two days after the presentation of a groundbreaking church-sponsored report implicating the military in the murders and disappearances of some two hundred thousand civilians. Realizing that it could not rely on police investigators or the legal system to solve the murder, the church formed its own investigative team, a group of secular young men in their twenties who called themselves Los Intocables (the Untouchables). Known in Guatemala as The Crime of the Century,” the Bishop Gerardi murder case, with its unexpectedly outlandish scenarios and sensational developments, confounded observers and generated extraordinary controversy. In his first nonfiction book, acclaimed novelist Francisco Goldman has spoken to witnesses no other reporter has reached, and observed firsthand some of the most crucial developments in the case. Now he has produced The Art of Political Murder, a tense and astonishing true detective story that opens a window on the new Latin American reality of mara youth gangs and organized crime, and tells the story of a remarkable group of engaging, courageous young people, and of...
- The Civil War At Perryville: Battling For The Bluegrass (Civil War Series)
- The Sun's Heartbeat: And Other Stories From The Life Of The Star That Powers Our Planet
- Classic Tattoo Stencils: Designs In Acetate
- The Snake Stone: A Novel (Investigator Yashim)
- Be Happy!: Release The Power Of Happiness In YOU
- Crossroads Café Photo Stories B: English Learning Program
- The Politics Of Education Reform In The Middle East: Self And Other In Textbooks And Curricula
- Charles Ives Remembered: An Oral History (The Norton Library)
- Don't Touch This Book!
- Analyzing Health Equity Using Household Survey Data: A Guide To Techniques And Their Implementation
- Mafalda 8 (Spanish Edition)
- The Histories (Oxford World's Classics)
- York Rite Freemason's Handbook
- Dictionary Of The Theatre: Terms, Concepts, And Analysis
- Pandora Von Kit Is Unleashed
- A Primer On International Health
- Clog Dancing: A Step-by-Step Guide To The Art Of Traditional Durham And Northumberland Clog Dancing Introduction For Beginners Progressing To Intermediate
- Gardner's Art Through The Ages: The Western Perspective, Volume II
- Diary Of A Citizen Scientist: Chasing Tiger Beetles And Other New Ways Of Engaging The World