The Art Of Political Murder: Who Killed The Bishop?
The Art of Political Murder: Who Killed the Bishop?
Bishop Juan Gerardi, Guatemala’s leading human rights activist, was bludgeoned to death in his garage on a Sunday night in 1998, two days after the presentation of a groundbreaking church-sponsored report implicating the military in the murders and disappearances of some two hundred thousand civilians. Realizing that it could not rely on police investigators or the legal system to solve the murder, the church formed its own investigative team, a group of secular young men in their twenties who called themselves Los Intocables (the Untouchables). Known in Guatemala as The Crime of the Century,” the Bishop Gerardi murder case, with its unexpectedly outlandish scenarios and sensational developments, confounded observers and generated extraordinary controversy. In his first nonfiction book, acclaimed novelist Francisco Goldman has spoken to witnesses no other reporter has reached, and observed firsthand some of the most crucial developments in the case. Now he has produced The Art of Political Murder, a tense and astonishing true detective story that opens a window on the new Latin American reality of mara youth gangs and organized crime, and tells the story of a remarkable group of engaging, courageous young people, and of...
- Bonobo: The Forgotten Ape
- Why Battered Women Stay: It Could Happen To Anyone
- Hollywood Stardom
- Wabi-Sabi (Spanish Edition)
- LITHOGRAPHY VERSUS LITHOGRAPHY
- Unlocking The Torah Text: Five Book Set
- Mahamudra And Related Instructions: Core Teachings Of The Kagyu Schools (Library Of Tibetan Classics)
- Claire Mccardell Redefining Modernism
- Urogynecology And Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, 4e
- The Heart Of The Universe: Exploring The Heart Sutra
- An Invitation To Arithmetic Geometry (Graduate Studies In Mathematics, Vol 9) GSM/9
- Teaching For Understanding With Technology
- Cats With Hats: Coloring For A Purrfect Day
- Killer Sudoku Book: Killer Sudoku Sums Puzzles Printed In Large Font (Volume 1)
- The Book Of Thoth
- The Cool Impossible: The Running Coach From Born To Run Shows How To Get The Most From Your Miles-and From Yourself
- Collecting For The Public: Works That Made A Difference
- Re-Creating Primordial Time: Foundation Rituals And Mythology In The Postclassic Maya Codices
- The True Herod