Engaging Today's Prodigal: Clear Thinking, New Approaches, And Reasons For Hope
Engaging Today's Prodigal: Clear Thinking, New Approaches, and Reasons for Hope
Many families today experience the profound guilt and shame filled pain of seeing a child walk away from their faith and values. Churches and parents feel powerless to change the relationship and engage the prodigal in positive ways. Carol Barnier has the insight to help. She left the faith of her pastor father, became an active atheist, debated Christians, and explored a variety of worldviews before she found the truth in a relationship with Jesus.
But far more than her personal story, Engaging Today's Prodigal equips readers with a better understanding of a prodigal's motivation, useful responses that won't prevent reconciliation, clear boundaries to protect themselves and other children, actions to take when you know you have contributed to the problem, and the value of realistic expectations. With effective wit and humor, Carol provides material relevant for churches, parents and even the prodigals themselves.
Can your family or church interact with a prodigal in ways that build a relationship bridge that can provide a way back home when they are ready? Let Engaging Today's Prodigal equip you with clear, specific actions that can overcome the shame, hurt, and loss to bring...
- Ethical Questions In Dentistry
- The Body Snatcher And Other Tales (Dover Thrift Editions)
- Jasmine And Fire: A Bittersweet Year In Beirut
- The Apostle Paul And The Christian Life: Ethical And Missional Implications Of The New Perspective
- Index Investing For Dummies
- Reclaim Your Brain: How To Calm Your Thoughts, Heal Your Mind, And Bring Your Life Back Under Control
- Chinese Politics In The Xi Jinping Era: Reassessing Collective Leadership
- Postpositivism And Educational Research
- Low Carb: In 20 Minutes - Over 60 Easy One Skillet Recipes In 20 Minutes Or Less
- The Art Of Body Talk: How To Decode Gestures, Mannerisms, And Other Non-Verbal Messages
- 1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die (1,000... Before You Die Books)
- OpenStack Essentials
- Eczema: 30-Day Plan To Get Rid Of Your Eczema At Home With This All Natural Home-Remedy!
- Emigre: Graphic Design Into The Digital Realm (The Book : Graphic Design Into The Digital Realm)
- Pity The Nation: The Abduction Of Lebanon (Nation Books)
- The San Fernando Valley: America's Suburb
- The Blank Comic Strip Doodle Pad For Girls 4 (Activity Drawing & Coloring Books)
- Frank Lloyd Wright: Complete Works, Vol. 2, 1917-1942