Engaging Today's Prodigal: Clear Thinking, New Approaches, And Reasons For Hope
Engaging Today's Prodigal: Clear Thinking, New Approaches, and Reasons for Hope
Many families today experience the profound guilt and shame filled pain of seeing a child walk away from their faith and values. Churches and parents feel powerless to change the relationship and engage the prodigal in positive ways. Carol Barnier has the insight to help. She left the faith of her pastor father, became an active atheist, debated Christians, and explored a variety of worldviews before she found the truth in a relationship with Jesus.
But far more than her personal story, Engaging Today's Prodigal equips readers with a better understanding of a prodigal's motivation, useful responses that won't prevent reconciliation, clear boundaries to protect themselves and other children, actions to take when you know you have contributed to the problem, and the value of realistic expectations. With effective wit and humor, Carol provides material relevant for churches, parents and even the prodigals themselves.
Can your family or church interact with a prodigal in ways that build a relationship bridge that can provide a way back home when they are ready? Let Engaging Today's Prodigal equip you with clear, specific actions that can overcome the shame, hurt, and loss to bring...
- Superman Classic: Superman Versus Mongul (I Can Read Level 2)
- Salut! 2013 Wall (calendar)
- The Early Settlement Of North America: The Clovis Era
- The Millionaire Mind
- Glastonbury: Avalon Of The Heart
- O42 - Maia Bang Violin Method - Part 1
- White Marble: Bullet Grid Journal With Page Numbers (5x8 In), 150 Dotted Pages, Softcover (Bullet Nature Journal) (Volume 7)
- Coming Back Stronger: Unleashing The Hidden Power Of Adversity
- Buggy Breakout (Nancy Drew And The Clue Crew, No. 25)
- Stuttering: An Integrated Approach To Its Nature And Treatment
- Sexism And God Talk: Toward A Feminist Theology
- Data Visualization For Oracle Business Intelligence 11g
- Viking Warrior Vs Anglo-Saxon Warrior: England 865–1066 (Combat)
- Of The People: A History Of The United States, Concise, Volume II: Since 1865
- 100 Things A's Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die (100 Things...Fans Should Know)
- Zen In Your Garden: Creating Sacred Spaces
- Supernatural: The Unholy Cause
- Footloose: Bonus CD! "Footloose" Performed By Kenny Loggins
- The Art Of Conversation: A Guided Tour Of A Neglected Pleasure
- "Solutions Manual, Implementing Six Sigma: Smarter Solutions Using Statistical Methods"