The Beaver Men: Spearheads Of Empire, Second Edition
The Beaver Men: Spearheads of Empire, Second Edition
Covering more than two centuries, The Beaver Men recounts the beginning of the beaver trade along the St. Lawrence to the last great rendezvous of traders and trappers on Ham’s Fork, in what is now Wyoming, in 1834. The Beaver Men is the third in Mari Sandoz’s trilogy of books narrating the history of the American West in relation to an animal species.
“This book is not so much a historical study as a careful and intelligently drawn portrait of a world . . . that of the Great Plains during the period 1630–1834. [Sandoz’s] point of focus is the hunting of the beaver, but the cumulative effect of the study is much broader than the conventional historical examination. Her essential concern is ecological: the relations of living creatures with each other and with their physical world. It is this perspective, unique among chroniclers of the fur trade, that gives the book its very considerable value. . . . Miss Sandoz’s treatment of the Indian role is a good deal more complete than most studies; her sources include Indian documentation as well as the more conventional white man's...
- I'm A Pretty Princess
- Mary Colter: Architect Of The Southwest
- Cowboys 2013 Wall Calendar
- The Medieval Archer
- Otaku: Japan’s Database Animals
- From Holy Island To Durham: The Contexts And Meanings Of The Lindisfarne Gospels
- The Effective Church Board: A Handbook For Mentoring And Training Servant Leaders
- 150 Backyard Cookout Recipes
- Beyond The Horizon: The Story Of Lockheed (Thomas Dunne Book)
- A Fiddler's Tale: How Hollywood And Vivaldi Discovered Me
- Clinical Decision Making In The Diagnosis And Treatment Of Fluency Disorders
- Piecebook Reloaded: Rare Graffiti Drawings, 1985-2005
- Gatos-Nueva Profecia 01. Medianoche (Gatos: Nueva Profecia / Warriors: The New Prophecy) (Spanish Edition)
- 99: Stories Of The Game
- The Candidate: What It Takes To Win - And Hold - The White House
- Identity And The Museum Visitor Experience
- The Misunderstood Jew: The Church And The Scandal Of The Jewish Jesus
- The Truth About My Unbelievable Summer . . .
- Intelligence: All That Matters
- First I Drink The Coffee, Then I Do The Things: Bullet Grid Journal, 150 Dot Grid Pages, 8"x10", Professionally Designed