The World Of Yesterday
The World of Yesterday
By the author who inspired Wes Anderson’s film, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Written as both a recollection of the past and a warning for future generations, The World of Yesterday recalls the golden age of literary Vienna—its seeming permanence, its promise, and its devastating fall.
Surrounded by the leading literary lights of the epoch, Stefan Zweig draws a vivid and intimate account of his life and travels through Vienna, Paris, Berlin, and London, touching on the very heart of European culture. His passionate, evocative prose paints a stunning portrait of an era that danced brilliantly on the edge of extinction.
This new translation by award-winning Anthea Bell captures the spirit of Zweig’s writing in arguably his most revealing work.
- The Ketogenic Kitchen: Low Carb. High Fat. Extraordinary Health.
- Legitimating Television: Media Convergence And Cultural Status
- Bad Company And Burnt Powder: Justice And Injustice In The Old Southwest (Frances B. Vick Series)
- Furnitecture: Furniture That Transforms Space
- The Night Before The Fourth Of July
- How To Scout The Offense Of Your High School Football Opponent: Identifying Your Opponents Offensive Play Calling Tendencies
- Edith Head's Hollywood
- Human Smoke: The Beginnings Of World War II, The End Of Civilization
- Proposal Writing: Effective Grantsmanship (Sage Human Services Guides)
- Wilderness First Responder: How To Recognize, Treat, And Prevent Emergencies In The Backcountry
- AP® European History Crash Course Book + Online (Advanced Placement (AP) Crash Course)
- Old Dog Baby Baby
- David Busch's Compact Field Guide For The Canon EOS 7D (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides)
- I Saw Three Ships
- Strategic Communication In Business And The Professions (7th Edition)
- How Is Daniel Feeling? (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood)
- Guia Tecnica De Intervencion Logopedica En Implantes Cocleares (Spanish Edition)
- 50 Great American Places: Essential Historic Sites Across The U.S.
- Forcing The Spring: Inside The Fight For Marriage Equality
- Three Plays: The Mayor Of Zalamea/Life's A Dream/The Great Theatre Of The World