Like No Other Place: The Sandhills Of Nebraska
Like No Other Place: The Sandhills of Nebraska
Covering nearly twenty thousand square miles, the Sandhills of Nebraska is a rich and layered region that is home to one of the most productive ranching areas in the country. In 2008 and 2009, photographer and storyteller David A. Owen traveled through western Nebraska to capture the unconventional beauty of the geography and singular way of life of the residents there. Connecting the everyday activities of the ranchers and residents he encounters to the vast, isolated landscape, Owen provides a fascinating window into this dazzling area of America.
Through Owen’s fine ear and eye, Like No Other Place takes the reader on a memorable journey into an out-of-the-way destination that is part of a modern American West and yet still organically linked to its past. Owen’s photographs and stories tell of a remarkable region where history, legend, memory, and reality are all intertwined.
“David Owen has beautifully captured the rhythms of the Nebraska Sandhills in his new book. His essays and photographs convey his affection and deep respect for the land and the people, and he captures the essence of this distinctive and magnificent American place.”—David J....
- Cengage Advantage Books: The Piano Advantage: Concise Introduction For Beginners (with CD-ROM)
- Before They Were Belly Dancers: European Accounts Of Female Entertainers In Egypt, 1760-1870
- Blood Relations: Menstruation And The Origins Of Culture
- Articulate While Black: Barack Obama, Language, And Race In The U.S.
- Dragon Rescue Kit (Plush Toy, Activity Kit)
- New York State Trees & Wildflowers: A Folding Pocket Guide To Familiar Species (A Pocket Naturalist Guide)
- Julia's Cats: Julia Child's Life In The Company Of Cats
- Naomi And Ely's No Kiss List
- Satyajit Ray
- Monks, Bandits, Lovers, And Immortals: Eleven Early Chinese Plays
- Practical Guide To Percussion Terminology
- Ruth Hall A Domestic Tale Of The Present Time
- The Gardens Of Arne Maynard
- Rescuing Prometheus: Four Monumental Projects That Changed The Modern World
- The Senses Of Walden: An Expanded Edition
- Why We Need Love (Harperperennial Modern Thought)
- Promises Of God Bible Verses To Color (Coloring Quotes Adult Coloring Book)
- Guide (Cooper, Dennis)
- HCSB Sailor’s Bible, Black Simulated Leather