Like No Other Place: The Sandhills Of Nebraska
Like No Other Place: The Sandhills of Nebraska
Covering nearly twenty thousand square miles, the Sandhills of Nebraska is a rich and layered region that is home to one of the most productive ranching areas in the country. In 2008 and 2009, photographer and storyteller David A. Owen traveled through western Nebraska to capture the unconventional beauty of the geography and singular way of life of the residents there. Connecting the everyday activities of the ranchers and residents he encounters to the vast, isolated landscape, Owen provides a fascinating window into this dazzling area of America.
Through Owen’s fine ear and eye, Like No Other Place takes the reader on a memorable journey into an out-of-the-way destination that is part of a modern American West and yet still organically linked to its past. Owen’s photographs and stories tell of a remarkable region where history, legend, memory, and reality are all intertwined.
“David Owen has beautifully captured the rhythms of the Nebraska Sandhills in his new book. His essays and photographs convey his affection and deep respect for the land and the people, and he captures the essence of this distinctive and magnificent American place.”—David J....
- The Education Of A Graphic Designer
- Great Ribs Book
- The Dirt Cure: Growing Healthy Kids With Food Straight From Soil
- Ella Sarah Gets Dressed
- The Vikramaditya Trilogy Book 1/The Guardians Of The Halahala
- Bridging English (3rd Edition)
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus, Electronic Edition
- Schubert's Winter Journey: Anatomy Of An Obsession
- Pittsburgh Irish: Erin On The Three Rivers
- Stickerbomb Skulls
- Reconstruction In The United States: An Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies And Indexes In American History)
- Sexual Ethics: A Theological Introduction
- Reaction Kinetics (Oxford Science Publications)
- International Business: The Challenge Of Global Competition
- Sudoku Samurai: 100 Samurai Sudoku Puzzles 12
- Cockyboys 2017
- Empirical Dynamic Asset Pricing: Model Specification And Econometric Assessment
- Personality Theories Workbook
- Graduating With Honor: Best Practices To Promote Ethics Development In College Students