Like No Other Place: The Sandhills Of Nebraska
Like No Other Place: The Sandhills of Nebraska
Covering nearly twenty thousand square miles, the Sandhills of Nebraska is a rich and layered region that is home to one of the most productive ranching areas in the country. In 2008 and 2009, photographer and storyteller David A. Owen traveled through western Nebraska to capture the unconventional beauty of the geography and singular way of life of the residents there. Connecting the everyday activities of the ranchers and residents he encounters to the vast, isolated landscape, Owen provides a fascinating window into this dazzling area of America.
Through Owen’s fine ear and eye, Like No Other Place takes the reader on a memorable journey into an out-of-the-way destination that is part of a modern American West and yet still organically linked to its past. Owen’s photographs and stories tell of a remarkable region where history, legend, memory, and reality are all intertwined.
“David Owen has beautifully captured the rhythms of the Nebraska Sandhills in his new book. His essays and photographs convey his affection and deep respect for the land and the people, and he captures the essence of this distinctive and magnificent American place.”—David J....
- Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 In C Minor, Op. 67: Score And Sound Masterworks (Score & Sound Masterworks)
- How To Converse With God
- Lyrics Notebook: 7x10 104Pages Songwriter Notebook For Music Lover, Musician, Songwriter's
- Henry And Mudge And The Funny Lunch Level 2 Reader (Henry And Mudge Ready-to-Read)
- Digital Image Processing: An Algorithmic Introduction Using Java
- IPM Handbook For Golf Courses
- My Happy Life
- Sewing For The Apparel Industry (2nd Edition) (Fashion Series)
- Estudio De Cimentaciones Corridas Mediante El M.E.F: Comportamiento De Zapatas De Longitud Infinita Mediante El Método De Elementos Finitos (Spanish Edition)
- Devil Needs For You: Devil
- Purple, Green And Yellow (Munsch For Kids)
- What Works For Whom?, Second Edition: A Critical Review Of Psychotherapy Research
- Tricks With Paper Cups (Facsimile Reprint)
- Swim To Win (Lorimer Sports Stories)
- Happy Birthday, Moon (Moonbear)
- How To Be A Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule For Turning Your Business Network Into Profits (Business Books)
- Haunted Las Vegas: Famous Phantoms, Creepy Casinos, And Gambling Ghosts
- Secret Of Unlimited Prosperity
- Play Drums With... The Best Of The Beatles