Encyclopedia Of The Great Plains
Encyclopedia of the Great Plains
The Great Plains is a vast expanse of grasslands stretching from the Rocky Mountains to the Missouri River and from the Rio Grande to the coniferous forests of Canada--an area more than eighteen hundred miles from north to south and more than five hundred miles from east to west. The Great Plains region includes all or parts of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
The region, once labeled “the Great American Desert,” is now more often called the “heartland,” or, sometimes, “the breadbasket of the world.” Its immense distances, flowing grasslands, sparse population, enveloping horizons, and dominating sky convey a sense of expansiveness, even emptiness or loneliness, a reaction to too much space and one's own meager presence in it.
The Plains region is the home of the Dust Bowl, the massacre at Wounded Knee, the North-West Rebellion, the Tulsa race riot,...
- How To Play Keyboards: All You Need To Know To Play Easy Keyboard Music By Evans, Roger (1990)
- Introduction To Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (The Mcgraw-Hill Chemical Engineering Series)
- The Art Of Agent-Oriented Modeling (Intelligent Robotics And Autonomous Agents Series)
- The Evolving Sales Engineer: Updated Version
- Practice Anatomy Lab 3.0 Lab Guide
- Star Sets: Drum Kits Of The Great Drummers
- Social Justice Pedagogy Across The Curriculum: The Practice Of Freedom (Language, Culture, And Teaching Series)
- Henry And The Clubhouse (Henry Huggins)
- Annika Riz, Math Whiz (Franklin School Friends)
- French Chic Living: Simple Ways To Make Your Home Beautiful
- The Doulton Lambeth Wares
- Changes Of The Heart: Martha Beck Life Coaches Share Strategies For Facing Life Challenges
- Disney Collected Kids' Solos: With Companion Recorded Accompaniments Online
- ServSafe Manager, Revised (6th Edition)
- John W. Schaum Piano Course: C -- The Purple Book
- Women Building Peace: What They Do, Why It Matters
- Colombia: The Politics Of Reforming The State (Latin American Studies Series)
- J.S. Bach Inventions BWV772-786[Blank Edition] / The Chromatic Notation: By MUTO Music Method