So, You Want To Be A Ballet Dancer?
So, You Want to Be a Ballet Dancer?
Praise for the digital edition
“A revealing book about the grueling—and glamorous—world of ballet.”—New York Daily News
“Chock-full of tips and advice for aspiring dancers and their parents, and includes a personal account of the ballerina’s rocky journey to fame.”—Brooklyn Downtown Star
“Entertaining, realistic, and practical—that big sister that you’d like to have beside you.”—Ballet News
“A must for the aspiring ballet dancer.”—Tammy Lechner, publisher, The Dance Series
Originally released in e-book format only, Jennifer Kronenberg’s inspiring how-to guide offers a wide range of pointers for success, starting with the basics: selecting a school, auditioning, sewing your pointe shoes' ribbons, and choosing what to wear. She also covers topics not usually taught in dance classes: backstage etiquette, emotional well-being, handling criticism, and eating for optimal energy.
Best of all, this enhanced print edition features QR codes that can be scanned with a smartphone, taking you to a companion website full of bonus videos. Watch Kronenberg demonstrate how to arrange your hair for the stage, properly prepare pointe shoes, and apply stage makeup. You’ll get the head start you need to prepare for the highly competitive, often unforgiving, ultimately rewarding world of ballet.
Jennifer Carlynn Kronenberg, a native...
- Western Civilizations: Their History & Their Culture (Seventeenth Edition) (Vol. 1)
- Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach
- James Lee Byars: Letters To Joseph Beuys
- Planting A Rainbow
- Running Science
- A Is For Abigail: An Almanac Of Amazing American Women
- Carry This Message
- Basic MIDI Applications (Keyboard Magazine Library For Electronic Musicians)
- Drawing Anime Faces, Monsters And Characters : Purple Manga Edition 5 (Book 3): How To Draw Anime Girls & Manga Boys Characters Step By Step (Drawing Blue Exorcist Shonen Japanese Manga) (Volume 3)
- DK Eyewitness Books: Weather
- DRG Expert 2017
- Spooky Southwest: Tales Of Hauntings, Strange Happenings, And Other Local Lore
- American Exceptionalism: A Double-Edged Sword
- Leadership Rocks: Becoming A Student Of Influence (Student Leadership University Study Guide)
- MacOS Sierra For Seniors: The Perfect Computer Book For People Who Want To Work With MacOS Sierra (Computer Books For Seniors Series)
- Tikkun Klali: Rebbe Nahman Of Bratzlav's Ten Remedies For The Soul
- YO OTRO CRONICA DEL CAMBIO
- Pretending To Be A Normal Person Day After Day Is Exhausting
- Basics Of Dental Technology: A Step By Step Approach
- Cookie Craft: From Baking To Luster Dust, Designs And Techniques For Creative Cookie Occasions