So, You Want To Be A Ballet Dancer?
So, You Want to Be a Ballet Dancer?
Praise for the digital edition
“A revealing book about the grueling—and glamorous—world of ballet.”—New York Daily News
“Chock-full of tips and advice for aspiring dancers and their parents, and includes a personal account of the ballerina’s rocky journey to fame.”—Brooklyn Downtown Star
“Entertaining, realistic, and practical—that big sister that you’d like to have beside you.”—Ballet News
“A must for the aspiring ballet dancer.”—Tammy Lechner, publisher, The Dance Series
Originally released in e-book format only, Jennifer Kronenberg’s inspiring how-to guide offers a wide range of pointers for success, starting with the basics: selecting a school, auditioning, sewing your pointe shoes' ribbons, and choosing what to wear. She also covers topics not usually taught in dance classes: backstage etiquette, emotional well-being, handling criticism, and eating for optimal energy.
Best of all, this enhanced print edition features QR codes that can be scanned with a smartphone, taking you to a companion website full of bonus videos. Watch Kronenberg demonstrate how to arrange your hair for the stage, properly prepare pointe shoes, and apply stage makeup. You’ll get the head start you need to prepare for the highly competitive, often unforgiving, ultimately rewarding world of ballet.
Jennifer Carlynn Kronenberg, a native...
- New Dimensions In Women's Health
- Life Itself!
- Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration
- Double Double: A Dual Memoir Of Alcoholism
- : The Fact Of Matter
- The Vanishing Point
- Simple Dreams: A Musical Memoir
- Sculpture In The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Standard Soil Methods For Long-Term Ecological Research (Long-Term Ecological Research Network Series)
- Gender, Race, Class And Health: Intersectional Approaches
- The Unofficial Guide To Disney Cruise Line 2017 (Unofficial Guide To The Disney Cruise Line)
- Tony Trischka Master Collection Of Fiddle Tunes For Banjo
- Bought By The Billionaire
- RAPID RESULTS Credit Repair Credit Dispute Letter System
- Patriarchy And Accumulation On A World Scale: Women In The International Division Of Labour (Critique. Influence. Change.)
- Pre-Accident Investigations: An Introduction To Organizational Safety
- Loose-Leaf Strategic Management: Text And Cases
- Evangelism And The Sovereignty Of God
- Principles Of Instructional Design
- Riddim: Claves Of African Origin