So, You Want To Be A Ballet Dancer?
So, You Want to Be a Ballet Dancer?
Praise for the digital edition
“A revealing book about the grueling—and glamorous—world of ballet.”—New York Daily News
“Chock-full of tips and advice for aspiring dancers and their parents, and includes a personal account of the ballerina’s rocky journey to fame.”—Brooklyn Downtown Star
“Entertaining, realistic, and practical—that big sister that you’d like to have beside you.”—Ballet News
“A must for the aspiring ballet dancer.”—Tammy Lechner, publisher, The Dance Series
Originally released in e-book format only, Jennifer Kronenberg’s inspiring how-to guide offers a wide range of pointers for success, starting with the basics: selecting a school, auditioning, sewing your pointe shoes' ribbons, and choosing what to wear. She also covers topics not usually taught in dance classes: backstage etiquette, emotional well-being, handling criticism, and eating for optimal energy.
Best of all, this enhanced print edition features QR codes that can be scanned with a smartphone, taking you to a companion website full of bonus videos. Watch Kronenberg demonstrate how to arrange your hair for the stage, properly prepare pointe shoes, and apply stage makeup. You’ll get the head start you need to prepare for the highly competitive, often unforgiving, ultimately rewarding world of ballet.
Jennifer Carlynn Kronenberg, a native...
- The Civilian War: Confederate Women And Union Soldiers During Sherman's March (Conflicting Worlds: New Dimensions Of The American Civil War)
- Pairing Food And Wine For Dummies
- 52 Activities For Improving Cross-Cultural Communication
- Image And Video Retrieval: 4th International Conference, CIVR 2005, Singapore, July 20-22, 2005, Proceedings (Lecture Notes In Computer Science)
- Meeting God: Elements Of Hindu Devotion
- Clean Room Vol. 3: Waiting For The Stars To Fall
- Red, White, And Black (6th Edition)
- Floral Bouquets CD-ROM And Book (Black-And-White Electronic Design)
- West Federal Taxation 2008: Corporations, Partnerships, Estates, And Trusts, Professional Edition
- Concerto No. 2: In D Maajor For Horn And Piano
- Colonialism And Its Forms Of Knowledge
- The Golden Child
- The Business Of Winemaking
- El Doble...Como Funciona? (Spanish Edition)
- Soul Mates: Understanding Relationships Across Time
- Psychological Narrative Analysis: A Professional Method To Detect Deception In Written And Oral Communications
- Knit Your Own Cat: Easy-to-Follow Patterns For 16 Frisky Felines
- 1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die: The Ultimate Guide To Comic Books, Graphic Novels And Manga
- The Dark Road: A Novel
- Trading Options Greeks: How Time, Volatility, And Other Pricing Factors Drive Profits