So, You Want To Be A Ballet Dancer?
So, You Want to Be a Ballet Dancer?
Praise for the digital edition
“A revealing book about the grueling—and glamorous—world of ballet.”—New York Daily News
“Chock-full of tips and advice for aspiring dancers and their parents, and includes a personal account of the ballerina’s rocky journey to fame.”—Brooklyn Downtown Star
“Entertaining, realistic, and practical—that big sister that you’d like to have beside you.”—Ballet News
“A must for the aspiring ballet dancer.”—Tammy Lechner, publisher, The Dance Series
Originally released in e-book format only, Jennifer Kronenberg’s inspiring how-to guide offers a wide range of pointers for success, starting with the basics: selecting a school, auditioning, sewing your pointe shoes' ribbons, and choosing what to wear. She also covers topics not usually taught in dance classes: backstage etiquette, emotional well-being, handling criticism, and eating for optimal energy.
Best of all, this enhanced print edition features QR codes that can be scanned with a smartphone, taking you to a companion website full of bonus videos. Watch Kronenberg demonstrate how to arrange your hair for the stage, properly prepare pointe shoes, and apply stage makeup. You’ll get the head start you need to prepare for the highly competitive, often unforgiving, ultimately rewarding world of ballet.
Jennifer Carlynn Kronenberg, a native...
- Packing Grandma's China: A Journey To Heaven
- Jackson Browne -- Deluxe Anthology: Piano/Vocal/Chords
- Producing Great Sound For Film And Video: Expert Tips From Preproduction To Final Mix
- Foundations Of American Education, 7th Edition
- Storm Of Eagles: The Greatest Aerial Photographs Of World War II: The Greatest Aviation Photographs Of World War II
- Eyelike Stickers: Horses
- Masters Of FX: Behind The Scenes With Geniuses Of Visual And Special Effects
- La Canada (CA) (Images Of America)
- Fashioning The City: Paris, Fashion And The Media
- Foundations Of Software Testing ISTQB Certification
- Law And Literature: Revised And Enlarged Edition
- FMCG: The Power Of Fast-Moving Consumer Goods
- In Rommels Backyard: A Memoir Of The Long Range Desert Group
- Framing Floors, Walls, And Ceilings: Updated And Expanded (For Pros By Pros)
- West Of Eden: Communes And Utopia In Northern California
- Appleton & Lange Review For The Ultrasonography Examination (Appleton & Lange Review Book Series)
- Pipe Trades Pocket Manual (OTHER TECHNOLOGY)
- Improve Your Aural! Grade 2: A Workbook For Examinations, Book & CD (Faber Edition: Improve Your Aural!)
- Por Fin Vas A Ponerte En Forma
- Old Records Never Die: One Man's Quest For His Vinyl And His Past